Having a cry about weight gain :(

Becksta

Reaction score
Im guessing im probably just being a little over emotional and slightly insecure but Im having a cry about my weight gain :(

Ive always been small steadily weighing 50kg from the time i was 18 years old to 25, right before I got pregnant I was at my heaviest at 53kg.
I am now 22 weeks most people have commented on how small still am and how i dont really have a visable bump, however i just weighed myself on scales at home and I weighed 60kg!!!!

So by 22 weeks ive gained 7kg already it just seams a little excessive too me and I guess im totally shocked! Jumped straight on the net and its telling me by my height and start weight I should be 57kg at the heaviest!

Both my mum and my mother in law only put on 7kg by the time they gave birth.

How much has everyone else put on ??? :(

Hopefully all of my converting is done right. I too have always quite petite, I'm very short also. Upon finding out I was pregnant this time around, I weighed 54kg (119lbs) and now at just about 22w, I'm at 62kg (137lbs).. so I've put on 8kg (18lbs). My weight gain was about the same with my DD too. I'd stay away from google, it's really mean sometimes. Every woman is different! You're not alone though :flower:

I wouldn't worry too much. U r supposed to gain weight. U r carrying a baby and it is impossible for y to remain the weight u were.

in my last pregnancy i gained about 2 stone (24lbs) by time i gave birth. This time i was lighter at start of my pregnancy and have put on 6/7 lbs so far. I'm 15 weeks so v likely i'll get close to 2 stone by end again.

i'm not worried as weight came right back off again and i intend to stay pretty active throughout pregnancy so i know i'll lose it again. After my first pregnancy i lost the 2 stone i put on plus extra just being active, breast feeding and eating well. Try and enjoy your pregnancy without worrying about how much weight u have put on xx

I've put on about 11lbs so far and I must admit that watching the scales creep up does scare me a bit, especially as I'm suddenly hungry ALL the time. I read that I'll put on around 2 stone by the end and apparently my weight gain is right on track so I'm trying not to think about it too much. A lot of your weight will be baby, fluid, boobies and the extra fat you naturally lay down (have you ever seen a pregnant lady with skinny hips?). It'll probably drop off afterwards. X

I wouldn't worry about it. Every woman is different. I gained almost 50 lbs during my first pregnancy :blush:, lost it all and some more. I'm a small person too and it freaked me out. You'll be fine. My SIL gained 75 with her first and she's smaller than me and lost it as well.

At 15 weeks, I've gained 20lbs or about 9kg... whoof. I've never weighed this much, and have always been slight/small. This has been a huge adjustment. I gained 19 lbs the first 10 weeks, then just one in the 5 weeks since! I vary by about 3 lbs a day, though so some days it is 23lbs, but I think that is water retention. I can't help the weight I've gained and I watching what I eat very carefully, drinking tons of water, and trying to exercise as much as possible. The weight I gain is the weight I gain and I can't worry about it all the time or it will drive me crazy! I weighed about 40 lbs less than OH before I got pregnant and I'm terrified I'm going to outweigh him by the end! :dohh: So I do what I need to in order to limit the gain, and I put it out of my mind! Good luck! :hugs:

I'm up 20lbs now at 27 weeks (almost) I started at 2 pounds from underweight this time around. With my son I was 20lbs heavier and only gained 20lb the entire pregnancy. Doctor said its just my body making up. Ky belly has no fat or cushion. But my butt has grown a life of its own! I'm not worried...I only gained 20 last time and lost 40 after having him

I was overweight to begin with and they didn't want me to gain more than 15 lbs. I have already gained 10 lbs, at 25 weeks. But you know what? It is what it is. If you're hungry, eat. If you're not, don't. Try to eat healthy, but understand that some days it's not possible (I haven't been able to eat a vegetable in quite some time!).

And, if you gain too much weight...it's ok.

I started underweight at 7stone (BMI below 16) and have gained about 20lb by 24 weeks. I'm still slightly below my pre-pregnancy weight from the first time but hating the gain! I'm 'supposed' to gain more as I was underweight though.

With my first, I only gained 10lb throughout and actually weighed less immediately after having her so I must have lost weight and just gained baby. I then lost another 2 stone!

I have put on 20lbs in 25 weeks.
I got told as long as the number of lbs is below how many weeks you are not to panic too much.
X

If you're not eating anything that is excessive and would make you gain crazy weight then I wouldn't worry about it.. East and enjoy -- somehow I think most pregnant women could eat like a bird and still put on some weight.. :) I find feeling sexy is a thing of the past right now.. So hard to feel good about what i look like regardless of weight gain.. :(

I am 24 weeks today and so far I have gained 7.7Kg (17lbs). I was at a higher weight pre-pg than I was with my others, and it was very hard for me to lose the weight with my last and I gained about 45lbs (20Kg) with my last and I very very scared that that will happen again.

I weighed 133lbs when I got pregnant with my son 3 years ago. Before I had him I had gained 26lbs. I lost 10 lbs then gained it back because of bc so before I got pregnant with this one I was my heaviest at 155lbs -non pregnant. I lost 10 lbs in the beginning. I'm just now at 155lbs again. Some days I'll be anywhere from 156-157 others I'll be at 155. I'm 24 weeks on Wednesday. My mil says I'll still gain 20 something lbs. I'm thinking probably 15 at the most. Baby is growing great and so I'm okay with whatever weight gain I get. But I also started out heavier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->