Having a HORRIBLE Time Choosing a Boy Name...

With our second boy, I got so fed up trying to think of names I literally closed my eyes, opened the baby name book to the boys section and pointed on the page.... and that's the name we picked!!! Amazingly we loved it straight away! His name is Kaelan and it means powerful warrior.

With our second boy, I got so fed up trying to think of names I literally closed my eyes, opened the baby name book to the boys section and pointed on the page.... and that's the name we picked!!! Amazingly we loved it straight away! His name is Kaelan and it means powerful warrior.

Oh my goodness!! I could never do that haha. Luckily for you it landed on a good one!!

I just did this with the baby book I have, and I got Hadwin :haha:

Oh my goodness!! I could never do that haha. Luckily for you it landed on a good one!!

I just did this with the baby book I have, and I got Hadwin :haha:

Oh i'm sure it doesn't always work and we were very lucky! haha. Hadwin isn't too bad.... :laugh2:

We are really struggling for boy names, we have had 4 boys so have used a lot of names up already lol,

I like Arthur and George he likes Angus, we already have 2 a's so we can't have another a as it starts to look like we are doing it on purpose.

We are, hopefully, finding out the gender on Thursday so dh says we are wasting our time talking about it until then..... :(

That's awful, I can only imagine your frustration. DH doesn't bother to help me with names either. I gave him a list of about 50 names, not all of which I liked, and he did surprisingly end up liking 2 of them. The one I don't overly like. Her name may just end up being the other one that he chose because there is no way I'm going to get him to discuss names any further. I posted a thread a while ago about how DH wont cooperate with me. One girl told me that her DH was acting the same way until she told him a name that she knows he hates and said "this is what we are naming him, unless you come up with another name." She knew he wasn't going to want to keep that name, so he actually ended up working with her on finding a name. Maybe try that method? Hopefully you can get him to start speaking soon.

I'd call his bluff and give the baby a name yourself, tell him that as he won't take it seriously you've named him yourself. If he backtracks you can always come up with a permanent name together or if you really love the one you have chosen keep it and let him learn that it's unwise to mess with a hormonal pregnant lady! Xxxxx

My husband was being very similar on the name issue, kept telling me "Bob" every time I brought it up. Funny like the first 3 times out of three thousand:p I don't know why they like to pick on us so much, it's all funny for them 'til we get really POd!!! Anyway, our first son's name is Lochlan, which he and I both absolutely loved as it's strong and it also has deep meaning for our ancestry. We had decided on Beckett if this one was going to be a boy, which we also both loved, and since we can't use it maybe someone else will like it! Maybe your hubby is just joking because he really hasn't liked any yet? I know, I had to do all of the suggesting and my husband kept saying "Bob", right up until he heard a couple that he liked, so maybe it's his weird way of trying not to hurt your feelings? At any rate, if he keeps it up, I would maybe try saying you really wish he was as excited about the baby as you are( guilt trip), followed by adding that if he has no input then he can't complain later when you make the decision all on your own.

My husband was being very similar on the name issue, kept telling me "Bob" every time I brought it up. Funny like the first 3 times out of three thousand:p I don't know why they like to pick on us so much, it's all funny for them 'til we get really POd!!! Anyway, our first son's name is Lochlan, which he and I both absolutely loved as it's strong and it also has deep meaning for our ancestry. We had decided on Beckett if this one was going to be a boy, which we also both loved, and since we can't use it maybe someone else will like it! Maybe your hubby is just joking because he really hasn't liked any yet? I know, I had to do all of the suggesting and my husband kept saying "Bob", right up until he heard a couple that he liked, so maybe it's his weird way of trying not to hurt your feelings? At any rate, if he keeps it up, I would maybe try saying you really wish he was as excited about the baby as you are( guilt trip), followed by adding that if he has no input then he can't complain later when you make the decision all on your own.

I second the guilt trip lol. I said the same thing to my DH when he was ignoring the lists I was giving him. I asked him if he feels freaked out by it or if he has negative feelings about having a baby. I actually wasn't trying to guilt trip him but he did feel bad and began participating a little bit more after that

I can relate. My husband shot down 100 suggestions and only sarcastically gave me Goku and Ash to work with. Eh. Hope you guys settle on one you like

My husband is being pretty rubbish at names too. Can't get him to take it seriously at all. I've told him in no uncertain terms that I won't have a shred of guilt naming (and registering!) this baby without his input.

He had a huge input with both our girls- he basically chose the names himself- and I'm giving him plenty of chances this time. If he won't discuss it properly then he has to live with the consequences- literally!

Lol op just choose a name yourself that you like? And if he dosent like it then say what name do you like? If he says Spock then laugh back at him and carry on with your day. I really wouldn't pay it any attention unless he is willing to stop joking about and wants to choose a name together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->