Having a pity party

Mapleroo

Reaction score
Hi there ladies

So my LO is 11 days old and as per usual for me I am having a hard time BF. It was a no-go for my first two kids, my third I lasted 6 weeks. First latch issues, engorgement, mastitis and then finally a particularly stubborn case of thrush sent me to the breast pump and then finally to the can of formula. I had always regretted throwing in the towel with #3. Despite everything, I did enjoy feeding him and wish I hadn't of given up. This time, history has so far been repeating itself....although I'm not enjoying it. I find myself dreading feed times and the best part of the day for me is right after a feed, when I can say to myself "yay, I have 2-3 hours till the next nipple torture". Thankfully the engorgement has lessened but after most feeds It feels like the milk makers in my boobs have hundreds of hot knives that they are stabbing me with. I know that it can get better, I just wish I wasn't feeling so negative about the whole thing and instead enjoying this special time with my newborn that will also disappear all too quickly. I expected BF to not be easy, never has been before, why would it start now! But I wasn't prepared to be feeling so down about the whole thing.

Anyone else not feeling the nursing "glow"??

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. :hugs:

Can I say congratulations on the first 11 days? The first 3 months were the hardest for me (I know that sounds bad 11 days in!) but now it is a breeze, it really does get better!

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. :hugs:

Can I say congratulations on the first 11 days? The first 3 months were the hardest for me (I know that sounds bad 11 days in!) but now it is a breeze, it really does get better!

Haha!! Thank you for the 11 days! I know it's not very long, but it sure feels like it. Yeah 3 months does sound a little daunting...I am really just hoping to get to 2 weeks at this stage lol

You can do it! I promise it is so worth it when you LO is 4, 6, 9 months and they are fussing and all you have to do is whip out a boob, no bottles, no nipples, no formula, so easy...

Hang in there... My first bf-in experience was a breeze... After the initial engorgement everythin was fine. This time completely different story. Bf-in only just stopped being painful in the last few weeks. I had a horrible burning sensation after feeds. It wasnt thrush according to doc. I still dont know what it was but it has gone now.
If baby is gaining i would stick it out until 3 months. Then if its really not for you after that then you can decide if formula is better for your situation?
It takes alot of determination but i think you will get there!

Hang in there... My first bf-in experience was a breeze... After the initial engorgement everythin was fine. This time completely different story. Bf-in only just stopped being painful in the last few weeks. I had a horrible burning sensation after feeds. It wasnt thrush according to doc. I still dont know what it was but it has gone now.
If baby is gaining i would stick it out until 3 months. Then if its really not for you after that then you can decide if formula is better for your situation?
It takes alot of determination but i think you will get there!

Thank you for your kind words! Things are going much better today and my glass is more half full as opposed to half empty. Baby is gaining and having loads of wet and dirty nappies. I'm not even considering formula as an option right now...just really looking forward to the day when BF becomes more enjoyable for the two of us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->