Having a rough week!

Baby_brain

Reaction score
After a pretty uneventful pregnancy so far I am having a bit of a rough week :(

I keep getting leg cramps which keep me up all night and then make my leg stiff all day. And on top of that last night I randomly starting throwing up everything I eat. I'm staying with my inlaws at the moment, but went to the out of hours doctor this morning. No protein in the urine but my bp was high at 140/94. He said it was most likely just tiredness and hormones and to wait and see how my bp is at my midwife appt. so there is nothing that can be done other than try and rest and try and eat small amounts!

Baby girl is fine and is dancing about as usual, so at least that is a relief.

Basically I am feeling a bit sorry for myself and needed to vent to you ladies!

Hmm not to be a downer, but that blood pressure really doesn't mean much unless you know what it normally is. For me I'm usually 120/70, so when I jumped to 122/82 at my last appointment they immediately checked me for pre eclampsia and did a NST on the baby. Maybe a bit of an overreaction, but probably worth phoning your midwife and letting her know what's going on and what your blood pressure was, just so she can decide if she feels the need to see you sooner. The only reason I say this is because the random sudden onset of sickness is strange...

Good luck!

Hmm not to be a downer, but that blood pressure really doesn't mean much unless you know what it normally is. For me I'm usually 120/70, so when I jumped to 122/82 at my last appointment they immediately checked me for pre eclampsia and did a NST on the baby. Maybe a bit of an overreaction, but probably worth phoning your midwife and letting her know what's going on and what your blood pressure was, just so she can decide if she feels the need to see you sooner. The only reason I say this is because the random sudden onset of sickness is strange...

Good luck!

My blood pressure was 120/70 at my last check up. So it is a bit high. The doctor said that he wasn't worried about pre eclampsia because there is no protein in the urine. I don't really know how I would contact my midwife for something that isn't an emergency...

What is an NST?

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well ! I think you should get checked again for your bp .... That is quite high. Hope you feel better soon. Try get lots of rest :hugs:

[/QUOTE]What is an NST?[/QUOTE]

Non Stress Test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back