Having an early scan...

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
Hi ladies, well last night I had a rough night, I had really bad period cramps and this morning, went for a wee and when I wiped away there was a brown discharge, almost like older blood. I called my doctor and he called me into the surgery, assesed me and asked me to have an early scan... just in case!

So I have a scan at 6+1 weeks... what can i expect?
Is the brown discharge/blood normal this early in pregnancy?

Hi hun im on my first so cant say through personal experience but my friend said she bled through all 3 of her pregnancies and they were all fine x

you will see a very tiny blob on the monitor, and thats the baby :). i think you may see a sac too. the radiographer will tell you whats going off and point stuff out to you.
if it helps, brown blood is older blood. it maybe your womb having a mini 'clear out'. if you were having a intermate miscarriage the blood is bright red.
good luck!
sarah xxx

Hi, I'm 5weeks 5days and this morning when i went to the toilet and when I wiped there was a slight bit of brown discharge, nothing all day then when i went not long ago it was there again. I've had no cramps or pain so just seeing how it goes tomorrow. I've been worrying like hell today though!
My friend however has had 4 children, and bled with all of them and they were fine too!

Good luck at the scan :) xx

I know it's TMI but last night my partner and I had 'naughty time' and before then I didn't have the brown discharge, so I'm wondering whether the naughty time stimulated the discharge to start?

I did do a pregnancy test and it was a strong second line... i'm just nervous!

Good luck with the scan tomorrow. I've personally never experienced any bleeding but heard that as long as its not bright red then its not necessarily a bad thing. Let us know how you get on. x

https://i51.tinypic.com/10p7se0.jpg

this was the pregnancy test I did this evening just to make myself feel better!

https://i51.tinypic.com/10p7se0.jpg

this was the pregnancy test I did this evening just to make myself feel better!

where are you getting your scan? are you getting it at the EPU? if not, ring them! they can get you in very quickly especially if you have had bleeding
sarah xxx

My display picture is of my scan at 6w1d. I saw the tiniest blob ever but seen a lovely strong heart beat! Don't worry if you don't see a h/b though cause it may be too early, I was just lucky!

Here is my picture bigger so you can see more.

Attachments

• IMG-20110505-00253.jpg
    IMG-20110505-00253.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 24
I noticed a tan discharge a few times during the first tri, and into the second. It has stopped now, but each time I was scared to death. I even phoned my dr, who said it was normal. As long as there is no pain or bright red blood. Also, after "naughty time" you will notice this more, and small engorged blood vessels will pop. They are harmless, but can cause spotting and make you nuts in fear. Good luck with your scan, I am sure everything will be fine!

Well ladies I'm currently messaging you from a hospital bed - the pain was unbareable last night. So they kept me in overnight and now waiting for a scan to check if it's a possible ectopic as its very painful on the right side :-(

Oh no! Hope everything is ok and its just hellish stretching pains :hugs: keep us updated x

I hope you recover from the pains quickly and get to see baby on the screen and get home.
Thank you for the update.

I was discharged this morning at 9am after having a scan. The scan showed the sac was in the right place and was not ectopic, which was great! No embryo or heartbeat yet, so am going back in 10 days for another scan to make sure that baby is fine.

I was on sodium chloride all night, codine and paracetamol. Two blood tests and noooooo food! Was so hungry!

The pain may have been because of streching in the womb, the bleeding implantation bleeding as it's now stopped...

my god it was a long night!

Good luck... I am having a second scan on Thursday next week when I will be 6 weeks and 5 days. I had one at 5 weeks and 2 days on Monday and saw a sac and yolk sac but that was all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->