Having just the one baby...anyone else?

emzky90

Reaction score
So I don't think I want anymore children but feel like I should have another for Marnie.... I think even though I had a straight forward pregnancy and labour my reservations are down to just not wanting to go through with the labour pain again lol. If I had a baby here now that would be fine. I'd love it but the reason I don't want another is because I don't want to go through labour again lol. Is anyone else just having the one?

I'm in a similar situation. We are currently trying to work out if we want to have another baby. For both of us the main reason to appears to be for Adam to have a playmate.

For me its not actually having the baby, that doesn’t bother me at all. Its that as I would have to stop work again. I found being at home all the time with my son very depressing and lonely.

Also I find that the time I now spend with my son isn't the best quality time as there is always housework ect to do. Another child would only split my time even further. I've tried to find organised activities to do with my son at the weekend to make sure that there is dedicated time spent totally focused on him but everything aimed at under 5's is during the week.

I know for sure I don't want anymore although for me it's not because of the thought of giving birth. Having Lucas has been so much more difficult than I thought being a parent would be (I had PND). Probably doesn't help that I've been single since day 1 but even if I had a long term partner, it's in my head now I am no way having another. He won't get lonely though he has lots of friends

It's hard but i don't think I'll change my mind. I'll never say never but i have enough on keeping a house and a toddler at the moment. Plus it's a question of affording another.

Growing up I had always wanted a big family. Now that i have grown up i have realised that financially we can only afford one...unless a lottery win comes our way. :haha:

I only ever want one. I have what i have always wanted, a beautiful little girl and i have no desire to have any more EVER lol!!!

We have just the one... we plan on keeping it that way :o)

I have had my reservations and thought long and hard about having another one... I get very broody just after my period! But the only reason I can think of having another is for Tom to have a playmate... which personally I don't think is the best reason to have another, esp when I think of whether we could afford another, whether I want to sacrafice my career all togather and the lifestyle me and OH set up for ourselves, which Tom slots in to nicely :o)

I think I will regret not having another but my head has to rule over my heart!

I have had my reservations and thought long and hard about having another one... I get very broody just after my period! But the only reason I can think of having another is for Tom to have a playmate... which personally I don't think is the best reason to have another, esp when I think of whether we could afford another, whether I want to sacrafice my career all togather and the lifestyle me and OH set up for ourselves, which Tom slots in to nicely :o)

I'm pretty much the same, Logan fits in with everything, we have a good life going and another baby would throw things up in the air, we would have to move somewhere bigger, me leave work etc. Sure, I know when he's older I might regret it, but I really don't want a baby for the sake of a close age gap/playmate for Logan. Can't imagine having a child better than him either, he's pretty awesome : )

We would would really like to have more than 1 child (I've always wanted 3) but it took us 4 years and thousands of dollars just to conceive PJ. I don't know if we'll have that kind of money to conceive another. We won't be using any birth control so maybe it'll happen naturally. If not, and if we can't afford another go around of fertility treatments, PJ will be an only child.

Ours is probably going to be an only cild too, as I think my oh may get too old other wise :haha:

Before I had Fran I was adamant I wanted 2. But since she's arrived that broody feeling I'd had for so long has disappeared and I'm more than happy with just her - she's made my life complete. I'm not bothered about pregnancy or labour, I just don't want another one lol! I'm not going to say never though because a couple of years down the line I might change my mind, but I'm 33 now so we would have to seriously think about it soon if we were to go for it - but I don't think we will :)

I've always wanted at least two, it's really interesting to hear from ladies who felt the same pre LO and have now changed their mind. Makes me wonder if I will change my mind too. Although I know oh would really like a son so I'm pretty sure we will have another after this one at some point.

I'm pretty much the same, Logan fits in with everything, we have a good life going and another baby would throw things up in the air, we would have to move somewhere bigger, me leave work etc. Sure, I know when he's older I might regret it, but I really don't want a baby for the sake of a close age gap/playmate for Logan. Can't imagine having a child better than him either, he's pretty awesome : )

Ha... I say all that and I've just posted in Toddler section about how to convince OH to have another one!! (TBF I am just after my period so I know the feelings will subside in a few days time and I'll be adamant I don't want another!).... At this moment in time my heart is going, sod everything practical... we'll manage somehow!! It's a good job OH keeps me grounded with his lack of hormones!

I know next week I'll be planning our next trip away, or professional development courses!

I always get made to feel a little bit selfish when i tell people i don't want any more children, especially when i tell them its just because i really don't want to have to change my lifestyle(again), i never intended to have any children, and now Lo is about to start school, i'm finally getting on with my education which in turn will (hopefully) lead to a lifelong career, i obviously love LO but being at home all the time drives me insane lol. I suppose it helps that i don't get broody.

I've always said I only wanted one. I'm an only child and when I saw my friends with their siblings, all they did was fight and moan about sharing and they just seemed miserable to me? I love being the only child, not just because I don't have to share my things/time with my parents. I never felt lonely, I had my friends who left at the end of the day and then I had my peace lol. So yeah, just one for me, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->