Having multiples? How did you tell your DH if he wasnt there for ultrasound?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
Just wondering for those that are having twins or more, if your hubby wasnt able to be there for the ultrasound where you found out it was twins, how did you tell him? Any creative ways or you just came out and told him?

if it were me id not be able to contain my self :) id prob say your babies are fine and wait for the reaction or id hand him the pics and let him guess or put baby 1 and baby 2 on x

My husband was with me at the u/s. I was in total shock and he just laughed for about 5 straight minutes. I was happy to share that moment with him, but I would definitely think of a creative way to break the news if he hadn't been with me.

Im not preggie yet..and just finished my clomid but supposedly twins runs in the family...and I have a few of the other qualifications such as a diet plentiful in dairy and also am overweight and on the clomid..and I was ovulated without the clomid but only once every 2 months so I thought that might increase my twin chance....but if he isnt able to be there for the ultrasound which is likely with his work.... I was planning on presenting him with one baby outfit and then giving him another and telling him oh we are gonna need this one too...and see how long it took him to figure it out lol...

Clomid only increases your chances by a few %s
I too have a diet rich in dairy, am overweight etc... I had 4 follicles but just one sticky bean! :) Just didn't want you to get your hopes too high!

Can't think of any cute ways to tell OH though.. my DH was there with me.

I drove straight over to my mom's house when I found out and just showed her the u/s pics. As she was looking at them I said, "What do you see?" She said, "Well, there's a baby." I said, "Uh-huh, and do you see the other baby?" She immediately started laughing and crying. When I told friends and other family I first just said that we had the u/s and saw the baby and everything looks good. Then I said, "And then we saw the other baby." Various reactions ensued. :) Good luck! I was seriously in shock at first (and not entirely thrilled for various reasons) but I've gotten used to it and am excited now.

My husband was with me, he just stared at the screen, silent, then we left, he was like, so you were right twins, lol! Id guessed before i was even 8 weeks! All he'd worried about was how i knew lol! Took him a while to get over that, but his main concern was that i only have one placenta i.d twins, good luck with your pregnancy. I didnt get the chance to surprise him, but even if i had it stil had the down factor of tttts, etc. X

my husband was with me, he was dazed but excited, lol, I just didnt believe it

I believe it now

Im not preggie yet..and just finished my clomid but supposedly twins runs in the family...and I have a few of the other qualifications such as a diet plentiful in dairy and also am overweight and on the clomid..and I was ovulated without the clomid but only once every 2 months so I thought that might increase my twin chance....but if he isnt able to be there for the ultrasound which is likely with his work.... I was planning on presenting him with one baby outfit and then giving him another and telling him oh we are gonna need this one too...and see how long it took him to figure it out lol...

if you were thats sound like a good idea never thought of it like that! x

Thanks for all your stories everyone!! Lisa I know it only increases your chances a bit but I guess I really just want to prep myself and be excited about it and know it can happen and not be in shock lol...

There are soooo many ways I want to surprise him lol..its like I cant pick...like giving him a card and signing it from Baby 1 AND Baby 2...or putting his hand on my tummy and saying the US showed that the baby is here...AND the other baby is here lol...

How did you all tell your hubs you were preggie in the first place..?

I made my DH close his eyes, then put a pacifier in his hand that said 'my dad rocks' :D

I was totally paranoid about multiples since I had 4 follicles etc, lol... my HCG levels were climbing a little faster than a girl on here who DID have twins etc so I was pretty terrified :rofl: And everyone kept teasing me about how many there had to be (many guesses of triplets)

haha...yeah...those hcg levels can be soo off sometimes..with what you think they mean lol..

well, I wouldn't be shocked to hear I had a vanishing twin... not something they can confirm or prove or disprove but it would make sense from the HCG levels.

yeah I had a crazy vanishing twin dream the other night...and then towards the end of the dream I was the twin that was left lol..lol...creeppy

lol, my dream last night was about losing my baby in the mall... apparently had the baby in the stroller and just forgot and walked away... the mall security gave me a huge lecture before letting me have my baby back :haha:

I was on Clomid and we were expecting twins, my DH was over the moon. Sadly one stopped developing at 8 weeks but we're ok with it. Feel blessed to have any! xx

Aww Thanks sazaroo and Im sorry for your loss, but I know how you feel, I would be glad to have 1 or 4 at this point!! But a loss is always disappointed and sad...hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->