Having some issues

apple_sauce

Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue I'm dealing with in my right breast. This is not my first time breastfeeding. I breastfed my previous daughter for over a year. With her I dealt with mastitis and block ducts. But what I am dealing with now I'm not sure what it is. About a week ago I had a hot spot on my breast and it was super sore to the touch. I thought I was getting mastitis, so I just kept nursing lo and it all seemed to go away after a few days. Last night lo slept longer than usual and I got engorged. After I had fed her I noticed I was super sore again and felt around and it was all hard on the underside of my breast. So I assumed I had a blocked duct so I tried to get rid of it but was only making things worse. During the night my breast was just getting more and more sore. I just kept feeding lo but things weren't improving. My dh says is red underneath, and it is so painful, I am now swollen too. I was wondering what you ladies think might be going on. I need some advice on what to do I am pretty miserable. I have no fever or chills like I did when I had mastitis with my previous daughter.

Sounds like blocked ducts to me. I would apply heat and feed from that side frequently. massage is helpful as well. I have had a lot of issues so far and the lactation consultant suggested 10 mins of heat the nurse and then 30 mins of cold to decrease inflammation.

Thank you! I tired that and I'm feeling much better today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->