having sweep today am bit nervous!!

Rozz1e1

Pregnant :D
Reaction score
Exactly as title says lol Im nervous about having a sweep lol...I guess because I dont know what to expect...I know what the mw does obv but its just a new experience lol! What symptoms might I have afterwards?
I hope my cervix is favourable lol!! Last few days had lots of bh and back ache and through the night had some tightenings and lots of bh so am hoping I might be a bit dilated already lol!
I spose Im nervous also because it could put me in labour...which im excited about obv but again very nervous about lol!!
Sorry for going on ladies just had to get it off my chest lol!!
Who knows....if it works lil girlie might be born on her due date lol!! Xxxx

I had one on Tuesday. It's a bit uncomfortable but really not that bad- wouldn't say it's painful. My midwife said I was 2cm dilated! Which I was surprised at! I had a few mild cramps on tues evening ( mild period type pain) but they fizzled out by the morning!

Nothing to worry about! Hope it works for u' I'm so disappointed mine didn't! :(

Ow good luck my lovely really hope u r as I'd felt same as u so give us both some hope if get told dilating!! :) ill be thinkin u and hope not painful for u! Keep me updated!! Xx

Ty mazzymoo :-D and charmed im hoping lol! My appt is at 10:45 so ill update when I get home lol :-D xxxxx

Good luck! I had one Tuesday and was really nervous (even raised my BP!) but it was fine, uncomfortable but not painful. Just take some deep breaths, you can always ask her to stop if you need. It was over pretty quick. Take a sanitary towel as you may bleed a little after.

My midwife advised walking and sex after!

Hasn't worked yet for me but have another scheduled for tomorrow.

When hubby is home from.work today deffo going to go for a walk my hips feel better today lol unless my sweep is a complete success and my waters break soon after and im in established labour by 6pm tonight and baby born tonight lol after a lovely labour lol!! Somehow though I think thats wishful thinking lol!! Xxx

Good luck- keep us updated! I'm hoping to go into labour today too- would be so perfect with the lovely sunny bank holiday weekend coming up lol

Well am 1cm dilated whoo lmao!!
Its very unpleasant and uncomfortable but it doesnt last very long thank goodness lol! MW says if its successful then Ill know in about 24-48 hours lol and Ill probably have a show and cramps as expected lol, she thinks that baby will be born this weekend :D hopefully anyway :) All cramps and bh iv been having are a good sign she says that things are happening :D
I feel a bit yucky now lol but I think thats just because of the psychological thought of what has occured lol!!
xxxx

Yea I felt a bit yucky after mine too- I said to my hubby I felt slightly in shock haha! Still feel a bit sensitive in that area since- although that sensitivity might just be me dilating more (hopefully)!

Ah that's nice ur midwife said this weekend- mine wouldn't say when she thought band booked me in for induction in 2 weeks which put me on a real downer! :,( although she did say she thinks ill go naturally b4 hand!

Time is seriously dragging! Need to do something to occupy my time or ill be pulling my hair out very soon lol

I've got mine tomorrow, glad yours went ok.

Iv my consultant appt on tues and when it was booked i was told i would b induced then but now theyre saying maybe not lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->