Having symptoms, not sure??

Monzter79

Reaction score
I decided to scrub my floors on Tuesday. I worked hard all day. (Drank loads of water!!!) That night, I woke up after 3 really sharp crazy pains. I felt the baby, and he felt different (had been breech, was planning for version). Began having pain from back to front and in hips. DH timed them, and they were 5 mins apart- 30 to 60 ish seconds each. Called midwife and she had me meet her at the hospital.

Quick ultrasound confirmed that baby turned. (YAY!!!) MW did an exam. I was 10% effaced, dilated 1cm, and baby was at -3 station. (I know that doesn't mean much, but I am so happy to know that my baby and body are moving right along.) MW confirmed I was having contractions 6mins apart. Baby looked great. She didn't think I was in labor, just that the baby turned and I was irritated from all the activity, but said they would not stop labor in any case at this stage.

After the exam, I had a bit of spotting right away. Nothing major. It was off and on all day yesterday. Then today, I lost some plug. (At first small bits, then a firm cone shaped little blob...) And now I'm having brownish discharge. The bones in my groin are feeling bruised, and I DEFINITELY feel a lot more pressure lower in my pelvis. But otherwise, I'm feeling great!

What do you guys think??
I'm not really sure if this sounds like labor symptoms or not.

Bump!

I never bump.. but, figured I'd go for it.

Still wondering if I should be thinking of this as potential early labor- or if the spotting and plug may be due to the exam? Symptoms are all still the same. But, only contracting at night, normal as far as i know.

I feel like those are all really good signs, hopefully you are one of those that goes shortly after the plug !! Especially since you lost a huge cone shape lol sounds like some progression has been made for it to come out like that! Mine had been coming out in little bits... Like 1/2inch tiny blobs. Been going on all wk... I have always lost plug in small pieces only and it never meant labor for me:/ but all those pains sound like baby is working in there! If I were you I'd be trying to get things started, maybe some good walking/bounce on ball, sex, etc... Keep us posted ! GL! Hope this is it! How far are you?

I lost a good chunk of plug back at 28 weeks after an exam and my midwife said loosing plug means nothing really related to birth and if you aggravate the cervix enough most of the time you lose plug. With my son I was over due and went into labor a few hours after losing it....this time I've been losing it for weeks

I feel like those are all really good signs, hopefully you are one of those that goes shortly after the plug !! Especially since you lost a huge cone shape lol sounds like some progression has been made for it to come out like that! Mine had been coming out in little bits... Like 1/2inch tiny blobs. Been going on all wk... I have always lost plug in small pieces only and it never meant labor for me:/ but all those pains sound like baby is working in there! If I were you I'd be trying to get things started, maybe some good walking/bounce on ball, sex, etc... Keep us posted ! GL! Hope this is it! How far are you?

Well, my due date is 2/21. But they changed my due date 3 times! Lol
My LMP was May 1st. I had a growth scan on June 27th that said I was 5w5d, so they assumed that I ovulated late. Then my MW changed my LMP date in my file to May 17th. So, according to the due date in my file, I'm 36 weeks. But, by my ACTUAL LMP- I'm 38 weeks. Soooo.... Yeah. I'm probably 37. LOL!!!

I really didn't care about the wishy-washy due dates until they were planning to schedule my version. Once I realized how many care decisions are made according to week by week gestation (especially in the final weeks!), I've been feeling a bit more on edge about it.

I'm so relieved that he turned on his own. Now, I can let labor progress without needing to go to the hospital.

I figured spotting after the exam was normal. Wasn't sure about the other "stuff". ;-) Since they aren't planning to stop anything, didn't bother to call the MW. So, thanks very much for the responses! No real discharge today. :-/ Maybe was just irritated.

Been following you all along Lovemy2! We've had REALLY similar pregnancies (uncomfortable to say the least!) and our due dates are on track too. You always post exactly how I'm feeling. LOL

FXd for you too!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->