having two babies close together

We would love two babies as well and given our problems conceiving, we're hoping to try for number two in the 3 months that you're particularly fertile after giving birth, so hopefully, will be in the same position shortly afterwards, fingers crossed anyway :)

We had our first when I was 34 and am 36 now, with baby #2 due in 4-5 weeks. The age difference between the two will be about 22.5 months apart if I go to 40 weeks. We wanted ours close in age partly because we're both in our mid 30's and we're hoping they'll have a closer bond.

I'm starting to get a bit more nervous now if I'm honest. My toddler needs constant attention right now, tho his eating and sleeping is getting much easier to manage. I think I'm getting nervous partly because with a newborn, their routine changes constantly for the first year! But I'm sure we'll manage somehow. :)

Not as close as some but my DS will be 2years and 3 months when the new baby is born. Its going to be hard but the shorter gap will be good when they are older. I think if there is to be a number three though i will shorten the gap because of my age.

:hugs:

We had our first when I was 34 and am 36 now, with baby #2 due in 4-5 weeks. The age difference between the two will be about 22.5 months apart if I go to 40 weeks. We wanted ours close in age partly because we're both in our mid 30's and we're hoping they'll have a closer bond.

I'm starting to get a bit more nervous now if I'm honest. My toddler needs constant attention right now, tho his eating and sleeping is getting much easier to manage. I think I'm getting nervous partly because with a newborn, their routine changes constantly for the first year! But I'm sure we'll manage somehow. :)

I am struggling to get my DS to sleep the whole night in his own bed. I dont mind it just now because it means that i get some sleep especially now that i am back at work but i will have to do something about it and try and get him in his own room as well. We have moved his bed numerous times but he just wont settle. Theres no way my bedroom is big enough for 4 plus the 3 cats.

My mother had 4 kids that are each 18 months apart, all on the "wrong" side of 30 and then a fifth five years after the last. There were three in diapers at a time. She's amazing. I know its tough at the beginning, but when they get a little older, the older ones help out with the younger ones, and they'll help keep each other entertained (though you do have to break up the squabbles).

:wave: Hello Girls

Im 35 & have an 18 year old, an 8 year old & a 7 month old

Im now expecting my last LO in February :baby:

Hi
I am 37years old - 38 in 5 months. I have a 17 year old son, a 12 year old son, an almost 10 month old son and am now 23 weeks pregnant with another boy. My husband (34) and I (married 18 months) are are trying to decide weather we should try for 1 more baby after this pregnancy or if I should have my tubes tied when I go in for the c-section??

We are really split down the middle with this one and only have a short period of time to make our decision. We both would like to have 1 more but are wondering if it would just be too much stress on my body at my age to have 3 so close together.

If we decide to go ahead and try for 1 more we would have to do it fairly soon after this one due to my age and the associated risks for the baby, but I have read that having babies so close together can also be a risk for the baby.

We know we are truly Blessed now and we would be happy to stop after this one but we just have that lingering feeling that maybe we are supposed to have one more and because of that we think to have my tubes tied now is a drastic step to take. My body rejects any form of hormonal contraception so that would not be an option after my baby is born - so realistically having my tubes done at the same time as the c-section is the most logical thing to do.

I know no one can help with the decision we have to make but if anyone has had 3+ babies this close together at a similar age I would greatly appreciate hearing of your experiences.

mumof4sons - what about exploring other BC options so you don't have to make such a permanent decision under pressure?
Could you use condoms for awhile and make your mind up later?

Just had my first 8 mos ago, started getting that special kind of nausea, sure enough...unexpected, to say the least...but almost pushing 40 so guess it's now or never... although I am just starting a new job, moved to a new place, starting to exercise...a bit difficult to wrap my head around, but what are you going to do...my 8 mo old is precious beyond words and deserves a sibling, so guess we gotta gear up! Would also love to hear any advice or compare notes. Are folks still breastfeeding?

Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this! LO is 8 months so there will be 16months between her and the next one.

Do have the odd panic but tbh I know it'll be tough but I just feel so lucky that we'll have 2 lovely children....remind me of that in 18 months!!

I am now 43 and pregnant with no. 4. I was 40 when no. 2 came along and 41 with no. 3 (they are 12 months apart). Yes it has been hard work but totally worth it. You are supposed to be extra fertile in the months after giving birth so for anybody reading this and in their 40s I would just say go for it!

Congratulations babywhish x
Are you not a little apprehensive? How was it with two LO's?
I'm a bit terrified really as I had 2 girls close together 16 years ago and it was hard keeping up then!
Also my LO is very easy-going and I worry that will change or that the next baby will be demanding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->