Having your mum on fb

laura109

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I dont know about you but i wish my 67 year old, over opionated mum was not on my facebook. I joined up 11 years ago aged 19. I never could imagine back then that my parents would get into facebook. But my mum discovered it about 5 years ago and i hate it. She is always on it. She sits there glued to her laptop every day. She has accidently added people on it my age that she was stalking then moans they accepted her. She moans about soppy posts, proud parent posts and selfies. She writes cringy ranty paragraphs on local news etc. She is rude on it.

The worst bit about it though is she "hangs out on it" with her grown up kids, grandkids etc. She puts laughing crying faces on everything she finds witty. Ahe joins in with anything i tag my friends in. She comments on stuff my friends have tagged me in. She likes and laughs at anything i tag my sister in and not her. She tries to be funny on it. She writes bootiful on my kids pics to take the pee out of people who call their family beautiful, stunning etc.

Overall she is embarassing my 30 year old self. We are all different around friends and i dont really like not being able to have a laugh or reminise without my mum butting it. This morning i tagged my best friend in a meme about kids playing up on the food shop. My mum soon joined in saying wr never played up as we sat in the trolley or got a slap. I deleted it and cringed. Hoping my friend did not see her advice first.

Please tell me im not the only one with a cringey fb mum. I think its time i came off it tbh.

I would restrict your posts to a select audience. I know I would certainly do that if my parents were on FB, lol.
It must be really frustrating and embarrassing! :(

I wouldn’t mind - it’s only Facebook and it’s sweet she’s trying to stay up to date to stay in touch. If you want to chat privately with friends maybe do it on messenger or I think you can restrict who can view something you post?

I could never have my mum as a friend on Facebook, it wouldn't end well :haha:

Yeah, I am not FB friends with my mum

You could always change the settings for your posts so she doesn't see everything if unfriending her would stir up too much

Yep, my mum has recently joined Facebook (about a year ago)and was like that too though she has backed off a bit last few months. She’s made a few cringe worthy comments on my posts and my sisters and we always message each other privately for a vent when that happens. Thankfully I have chatted with a lot of my good friends about her and the way she is on Facebook and we’ve all laughed it off and a few have confessed their mums are the same so I think it’s a bit of a common issue with our generation.

My parents are blocked on my facebook :haha: but for different reasons. Edit your sharing settings (via status to 'hide from') which can eliminate her from seeing things you post, but unfortunately not what you're tagged in.

Hahaha I couldn't help but laugh, my mum is the same, she's only 48, I'm 28, I don't even have Facebook and I know she goes off on one on there she loves it! I'm an insta girl, my mum is amazing though and finds out so much gossip from Facebook lol

I've been ignoring my mum's friend request for about 3 years now. If you don't want to delete her you can change your settings to limit what she can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->