Hayden 18th Jan 11

Lucky.M

3 children & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my little bundle of joy came into the world on the 18th January at 10.04am by planned c-section. He is absolutely gorgeous and a really good baby, very laid back.

I was so so scared of having a c-section and was shaking like a leaf, it all felt quite surreal in theatre. The spinal which I was terrified of, wasn't too bad at all, the local aneasthetic stung more going in than that did. Hayden was handed to my husband when he was born after being weighed and checked - 7 lb 4 oz and he lay him next to me on the pillow while they finished the operation which took about an hour.

I got the bad shakes in recovery and was put on oxygen and Paul fed Hayden his first bottle then he was put on my chest in just a nappy under my gown and I finally got a cuddle, his eyes were wide open and he was watching me for ages and tried to pull my oxygen mask lead. He was so awake! He is so perfect and I am in love

Was in recovery for a long while as my wound wouldn't stop bleeding, I wasn't getting any feeling back even at the top of my tummy and I still had the shakes, so didn't get back to the ward until nearly 1pm.

I was in a lot of pain that day, but didn't move from the position that put me in on the bed, and my husband was great with Hayden and I still got loads of cuddles.

We noticed when we were back for a few hours that Hayden had a quite large cut above his left ear, they had cut him when getting him out!! Which is upsetting, it had been covered with his hat, so a midwife bathed him to see how deep it was, and got the paedetrition out to see him. He has little steri strips on his head now to cover it. Everyone thinks it is disgusting and the midwife at the hospital and my community one that came to see us think we should write a letter of complaint, and apparently Hayden isn't the first for it to happen to by this surgeon, and it should only happen very rarely if it is an emergency section, not on a calm planned one. To be honest I am relieved he wasn't facing the other way. It could be a lot worse, but you don't want your precious little bean cut at all by a scalpel.

We had to stay in two nights and we were home yesterday, he is sleeping well, eating well, and I can't explain how I am feeling the worst I have ever felt physically but also the happiest ever. I am making the most of having to rest to cuddle my darling boy.
hayden 030.jpg

hayden 033.jpg

hayden 025.jpg

Attachments

• hayden 037.jpg
    hayden 037.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
aww he is precious Lucky
oh spinals are no fun. my back has been hurting me for almost 3 yrs now cause of it.
Glad things went well for you and hayden. he is adorable.

Aww, he's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful pics!

Thank you so much :) I love him soooooooooo much! xx

Congrats again..He is precious!! And i am so glad things went well for you and little Hayden!! I also LOVE the pictures!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"