Hayfever - Urgent Help!

Coral

Reaction score
I suffer from allergies and hayfever so badly that I take medication all year round. Now I am pregnant the doctor has insisted I stop taking my hayfever tablets and nasal spray and I completely understand why I cant use them anymore, and have of course stopped all medication.

However, I am having to go to bed everyday as my hayfever is so bad, I cant even step outside for a min (we live in the middle of the countryside), I have to sleep with the windows closed, my nose is red & raw, I cant breathe properly, and sneeze all day everyday - going through a box of tissues in just hours - to be honest I just feel miserable!

Has anyone used any natural remedies that are safe to use in pregnancy? I can not carry on like this all summer, its really getting me down now!

Any suggestions would be so gratefully received.

:hug:

i took nasal spray throughout my pregnancy because i was always congested. baby turned out fine, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Local honey is meant to be good hun, I've been suffering too and it;s the only thing reasonable thats been suggested. Honey produced from bees near you will have local pollen in it, and apparently if you digest it, it helps make your body immune to the effects of it in hayfever etc. Well so I was told xXx

Yikes! I have no idea. My OB did tell me that benadryl is safe to take during pregnancy, but I don't recommend you take it if your doctor has told you no meds (I'm much further along than you and didn't ask until a few weeks ago). Hope you can find something to help soon :hugs:

hey... i have never suffered before and this weekend its been awful.. went to doctors today who prescribed me with Beconase nasal spray and Cromolux 2% Eye Drops..
she said as long as u only inhale it and not decongest it ure ok..

Hope this helps a tad.,. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->