hb disclaimer???

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
i had my 34wk MW appointment today and let the MW know i wanted a HB. shes going to come out for a home visit at 36wks. she said id have to sign some paperwork for a HB basicly saying id go to hospital under certain conditions or something to that effect. i imagine its some sort of disclaimer but im not sure i like the sound of it. i know they advise u not to have a hb if ur high risk and this could just be highlighting that.

ill obviously find out what it is when she visits but ive never heard of this before. anyone know what it is or had to sign something for a HB???

It's just a form to show they've explained the 'risks' etc. it's not a disclaimer. It's so they can show they are supporting you in an informed choice.

yeh i signed a form to say the mw had expailed the risks, why i may have to transfer etc, its not a disclaimer to say you will do this that and the other. its basically to say the mw doing the visit has done her job and explained everything on the list they have.

Yeah i had to sign something to say that i accepted the 'risks' although you can change your mind at any point x

yeah basically what the other ladies said! there was soooooooooo much paperwork !!

^ really? I only had to sign 2 things I think. 1 about the risks and another about the gases.

yeh i only signed one thing and that was a two page tick box list she went through and that included the use of gas in the house (but blah i know they dropped yours off before hand where as mine would have been a taxi bringing it on demand) xx

i have had my home visit and i didnt have to sign anything

I didnt have to sign anything either??

well the MW came for the home visit check and all she did was read out a very long list of situations that would require me to go to hospital. i already knew all of this stuff anyway from my research.

like one poster already said i think it was just to educate me on the risks as such however i didnt like the fact i wasnt shown this form i was signing altho most if it appeared to be a tick box list. the MW also largely insinuated the purpose of this form was to make sure we didnt argue about having to transfer to hospital if any of these situations did arise.
this i was in total disagreement with as i believe even some of these "risks" can be handled at home. i signed as i didnt want any confrontation then but i know my OH will fight my corner on the day if something happens.

Dont worry. It's just an arse covering exercise. even if you agree to something not you can change your mind on the day. They wouldn't say 'oh no y ou singed to say you were staying home we can transfer unless something occurs! Just as that's the case youre free to,decline something you previously said you'd be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->