hb monitors

WhitheartsQ

Toddler mom and pregnant
Reaction score
Hello!
I am trying to decide if I should get a hb monitor. I know I will have to push my dh into it a bit because of the cost, so I want to go into in knowing as much as possible!

What kind did you get? Would you recomend it?
When did you first hear the hb?
How much did you pay for it?
Where did you find it?
Any other info I might need?

Thanks for the help ladies!

Personally I think they are a waste of money. Lots of people can't hear a heart beat until 12-14 weeks , and even then its not always consistant , and if you any for a heart beat it will stress you out.

I also don't think it's a good idea to be exposing baby to daily ultrasound waves I there isn't a reason. There is lots of doctors and midwife recommending limiting ultrasounds during pregnancy because of the affect they could have on rapidly dividing cells ( like your babies )

Take the 100-200 dollars an put it towards a maternity photoshoot or some other baby gadgets

I have one and LOVE it! <3 Since I had a miscarriage in August it has been a major sanity saver for me to be able to check up on baby any time I want to (I limit it to a couple of minutes a day at most) :)

I have a Sonoline B doppler. I bought it last August when I was pregnant with the baby I miscarried (never got to use it for that one because it was too early).

I first found the heartbeat at 8 weeks 5 days. I tried the day before and couldn't find it at all anywhere. The next day, BOOM, there it was (and it took less than 5 minutes to find). I've been able to find it every time ever since.

I think mine was about $50. I can't remember where I bought it at Clinicalguard I think, but not sure (it has been since August), but they sell them on Amazon, Ebay, and lot of other places too. :)

If you CAN'T find it that early I wouldn't be too concerned because it is still so early. But you should be able to hear it at 10 or 11 weeks :)

Here is my baby's heartbeat on it from today :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mcd5T3aIvU&feature=youtu.be

IMO, it is worth every penny and has definitely allowed me to relax a lot more during the first trimester (which is no easy feat because of what happened last time).

Hope this helps :)

I'd have to agree with markswife10, I bought the same doppler from craigs list for $35.. just sold it to someone else on craigs list last week as i'm almost ready to pop!

I bought it after having a miscarriage. It eased my anxiety.. and worries. It's perfectly safe as it is only picking up sound waves .. I ran it by the doc before using it. I used it quite a bit in the beginning.. as i was nervous... but it tapered off as I got further along.

I believe I bought it at 11 weeks and had no problem finding the heartbeat. It did take awhile... I had to be patient. I didn't realize that at 11 weeks, the fetus is pretty low.. almost on my hair line. Make sure you use some sort of gel.. I used aloe vera gel.. worked great!

Good luck. .. and congrats! xoxo

I love mine, I also had a mc so I love the reassurance. I 've got the angelsounds and paid about $30 for it. I picked up dd1 at 9+6 and this one at 8+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->