HB MW 1st appointment?

tripletsOMG

Reaction score
I have my first appointment with a hb mw i dont know what to exp-ect any advice please? She will be here in 30mins :nope:

I was just going to ask how come you're having an appt at 11pm at night but then saw you were in Nebraska.
I guess it's different here in the UK as I'm 23 weeks and still not had a hb MW appt.....I don't think they actually book you in here until after 37 weeks!
Hope it goes ok, I would write down a list of your questions now so you have them when she turns up.
If you have an idea of how you want to birth she can then discuss it with you e.g. water birth, delayed cord clamping, preparations needed.

You dont get to know the MW before the delivery? I am so realeved it went great she is so nice hubby likes her too. We have made him a believer. I'm so excited. Planning a waterbirth.

I was just going to ask how come you're having an appt at 11pm at night but then saw you were in Nebraska.
I guess it's different here in the UK as I'm 23 weeks and still not had a hb MW appt.....I don't think they actually book you in here until after 37 weeks!
Hope it goes ok, I would write down a list of your questions now so you have them when she turns up.
If you have an idea of how you want to birth she can then discuss it with you e.g. water birth, delayed cord clamping, preparations needed.

No, your mw comes out before that to discuss it with you and your partner down to the nitty gritty and to make sure your house is suitable (aka not filthy). Mine is on Sunday :)

Op - we don't have an assigned mw for homeborths, its just whoever is on call.

No, your mw comes out before that to discuss it with you and your partner down to the nitty gritty and to make sure your house is suitable (aka not filthy). Mine is on Sunday :)

:dohh: I better chase my MW up then - I've been to quite a few consultant appt's but not seen the local MW since 15 weeks. I've mentioned every time about wanting a HB and yet none of the MW's have said about the home visit. Mind you the consultant was the only positive one in regards to HB :wacko:

Mind you I would need a couple of weeks notice as it's assignment week this week and so house work has piled up....and up. I'm scared to tackle the ironing pile as if it falls on top of me I'll never be seen again lol.

might be different depending on your NHS trust hun :shrug: I'd of thought theyd want to come out to your house though :wacko:

Wow that is interesting. It isnt "legal" for MW to be at a birth at home so u call and interview and hire them. There are only 2 that i know of in this area. Mine happens to live 3 states away. she has alot of moms in my area though its pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->