HB on Scan?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I have a scan scheduled for tomorrow and I'm wondering if we'll even be able to see the heartbeat by then since I'll be exactly 7 weeks. When is the earliest the hb can be seen on an ultrasound?

I first saw my sons at 5+4 and would certainly expect to see one by 7 weeks :). Enjoy!

At 6+6 we didn't get to hear the heartbeat but saw it flicker on the screen. Heart starts beating in week 5 so you'll definitely see it!

I had a scan at 7+ 1 & was a tummy scan, saw baby & heartbeating & it sounded like soft galloping horse :) awesomeness! Enjoy

I've never HEARD a heart at a scan, didn't know they could do that! It's always just a visual reading up on the big TV screen.

I heard and saw my first babies at 6+1. You should defo see one at 7 weeks and should be able to hear it. They let me hear mine cause I said I couldn't see it flickering. Good luck. X

I'm not sure if it'll be an internal scan or a belly scan, they never told me. They didn't tell me to have a full bladder so I assume internal. I've only had a scan done prior to 7 weeks once, which was with my last pregnancy that I miscarried, and the baby never had a hb at all. I'm so scared I will go in tomorrow and it will be inconclusive like last time, just wanted to make sure that it is possible to hear it this early. Thank you all for your responses! This makes me feel a bit better :)

Minties - I never knew you could hear it either. Every time I had an ultrasound they always just told me the bpm.

Lilmiss I'm sure everything will look great tomorrow. Can't wait to hear update. :)

I had my us today at 6+6... It was an internal, saw and heard all 3 heartbeats!

Three, wow! Are you pregnant with triplets!?

I have only ever had one internal scan, I saw the heartbeat just fine on a transabdominal scan this time at 6+4.

Yep just found out I'm currently pregnant with triplets. All looking well so far ��

I saw and heard my first daughters at 5+6 :)

Wow! Triplets! That's amazing.. Congratulations x

nmariern congrats! You are a very lucky woman. I could only imagine the shock!

To update the ultrasound scan today did show more than I expected to see. We saw the baby measuring 7w1d with a beautiful heartbeat of 152 bpm :happydance:

Love the sound of that heartbeat for sure! Congrats!

Yay! Great news!

I could see heartbeat from 5 weeks 3 days. But I didn't get to hear it until much later. Just different equipment I think.

I first heard the HB at 7 weeks, 6 days via transvaginal US. Have been able to hear it on home doppler ever since. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->