HCG 135,835 at 6 Weeks (?)

afahy83

Reaction score
Hi all! Looks like I'm on my second pregnancy, yay! This time I decided I'd like to join a forum and since I read this site so often during my last pregnancy, here I am now =)

My first was born: Sept-2-2014

Period returned: Nov 2013, averaging cycle 28-33 days, menses around 5 days long

Baby has always and still sleeps with me from day 1. Breastfed (around the clock, seriously every 1-3 hours around the clock)

Sudden weaning on Sept-19-2014, 1 year and 2 1/2 weeks old, never nursed again!

Normal period in October. October 13, lasted 5 days.

Period didn't come this month/November.

BFP with home pee test on Nov-22, 41 days into my cycle (it was positive FAST in about 5 seconds or less)

Yesterday I took a blood test which shows I'm at 135,835, indicative of something like 2 months. According to my cycle I would be 6 weeks. I know we had (unprotected, albeit 'careful') sex on Oct 27 which would have been around ovulation. On a 28 day cycle, the calculators say ovulation would be Oct 27 for my cycle.

I'm just trying to get a grasp on this. I have no HCG levels to compare from my previous pregnancy. I am feeling sick and nauseous and exhausted just like last time, I feel like I'll vomit but I don't. I'm down in Ecuador where I partially understand the language and am going to an indigenous clinic so I just want to be prepared when I bring them my blood results today. 135,835 seems AWFULLY high at 6 weeks. Multiples perhaps? Any chance I got pregnant earlier? I don't see how with my period/cycle/sex, etc.

I was not temping and charting yet. Since the baby had still been nursing every 1-2/3 hours even through the night I couldn't imagine there was any point to it! We had TTC a few different times and nothing happened and at this point we were not TTC, but waiting till next spring. When she weaned so suddenly it really through my hormones through a loop, I was working on that and after I knew for sure she was done nursing (I dried up) I planned to start temping and charting once my new cycle began. But, whoops, the new cycle never started! We'll see.... Big Smile

I look forward to any feedback from all of you ladies!! Cheers, Andrea

That's high but I don't think I'd think anything of it as hcg can vary so much and there is a huge range of normal. I had mine done at 4w6d (the only one I had) and it was 18,762, which is also out of range for 4 weeks, but it was only one healthy baby. My OB is the one who told me he doesn't worry too much about hcg not falling in range of what you see online bc he's been an OB for over 30 years and he's seen how it can be so different for different women and even for the same woman in different pregnancies. Congratulations!! Looks as though you have a healthy bub in there!

With my ds2 my HCG was 106,000 at 6w1d but he only measured 5w6d on the scan! So you could be in range!
My others all been around the 50-60, 000 mark at that stage, including ds1. X

Thank you ladies for your replies! I'm just curious also, because of the communication barrier I still have here, if they're going to want to tell me I'm 8 weeks because of the lab test when I know that I had my period 6 weeks ago. I guess I'm in better shape than with my first pregnancy. We came to Ecuador when I was 36 weeks pregnant and I did not know any Spanish or Kichwa at all and no one speaks English! So at least now I can communicate some ;)

I suppose HCG can be indicative of some things but also can mean absolutely nothing!?!

Thank you for the congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->