HCG after D&C??? Any helpful advice?

tryforbaby2

Proud & Blessed Momma!
Reaction score
Hi girls I am new to this section of bfp. I have been posting random posts on threads to get aquainted with all you lovely women.

I had D&C last tuesday. I was 12 weeks pregnant and started having a MC. Baby measured 9 weeks no fetal heartbeat. I had an ultrasound at 8w 5d and the baby was jumping around for us with a heartbeat of 178bpm!
Anywho...when I started MC'ing the baby my HCG levels were 7880. Thats it, for the baby that measured 9 weeks. I was wondering if the hcg levels start declining when the pregnancy ends naturally? AND since they were quite lower than normal if when I had the D&C, if my hcg went down to 0? I went for a post op appt to check out the D&C (since I was on vacation when I had to get it done, they wanted to check at my original doctors office) and they said they dont see any remaining tissue.

My question, hopefully without confusion, is would be hcg be down to 0 already after having a d&c after the baby's hcg were already much lower than normal and since there is no remaining tissue???

I feel confident in trying again right away even though they also recommended to me to wait one cycle.

:hugs: I was in a similar situation.

MMC & D&C at 12 weeks, my hcg level was around 10,000. I freaked out because I kept testing positive even after AF showed up 35 days later. I got pregnant the next month, and really couldn't wrap my head around it at first because I'd never gotten a negative test. The day before my AF, my hcg levels were 11 (still testing positive on hpt), then 2 weeks later (a few days before ovulation), they were 7. I went to have them rechecked 2 weeks later (10dpo) and they were 26. I was confused and terrified to get too excited, but here we are :cloud9:

As for trying again, we were told to wait 3 months, but we obviously ignored that advice. It had taken us a while to get pregnant the first time, and I wasn't willing to delay trying again. I figured that it my body wasn't ready for a pregnancy, it just wouldn't allow it to happen. When I showed up again at my doctor's office so soon, he really wasn't concerned and just said that it had more to do with dating the pregnancy and emotional healing than anything else.

Take care :hugs:

I had mmc at 11+2 wks baby only measured 8 wks :-( had d&c on 25th June one day after the scan that showed mmc. My hospital hasn't done my hcg levels at all but I was still testing positive on hpt as of tues 13th so 18 days post d&c. I'm going to test again next mon and hope for bfn. Tho your case lori has given me some hope that u can get pregnant before levels drop right down.
We too have decided to try again straight away as took a yr to conceive mc pregnancy x

i had a d&c last feb after MMC at my scan baby was 10 weeks. had my d&c 5 days later (only because i took a few days to decide what route to take (natural, medical or surgical)) i was still getting positive tests baout upto 2 weeks later and was spotting on and off for this duration, i think i had retained some tissue as i passed something (only small) after this time then over the next week my tests turned into a BFN and the bleeding was stopping. it was so upsetting that i was desprate for a BFN rather than a BFP!!!

Lori you do give me hope to get pregnant again soon.
It took us 10 months/9 cycles to conceive our MC. AFTER 4 years o NTNP (pull out method). We were just getting ready to start Clomid/IUI and an HSG in May. I fell pregnant before we had to start the treatment!! But now since my patience and my heart cant take all that waiting again, I want to try again now. My bleeding has stopped after we thought I wouldneed another d&c and it turned out now we dont.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! :hugs:

ljo1984, when did you get a bfn after the surgery? 2 weeks after? That would be great as I will be 2 weeks aftr in a few days!! Oooo and now we are deperate for a bfp!

klcuk13, the hospital did hcg before the d&c but not after. My doctor didnot do them after either. They just confirmed I had no remaining tissue and everything else like my ovaries and all looked great.

:hugs: to you both.

I was 16w when I had my MC, baby measured 15w. Had D&E on May 22 and tested neg on HPT about 3 weeks later. AF came back 2 weks after that so I probably O'ed when levels hit 0. I think that levels go down faster after a D&C if all tissue is removed. I didnt ttc the first month but I would have if my frame of mind was right :cry: Now hubby and I are trying like crazy and in the first tww after MC. Good luck. Lots of ppl get lucky the first cycle.

I was 16w when I had my MC, baby measured 15w. Had D&E on May 22 and tested neg on HPT about 3 weeks later. AF came back 2 weks after that so I probably O'ed when levels hit 0. I think that levels go down faster after a D&C if all tissue is removed. I didnt ttc the first month but I would have if my frame of mind was right :cry: Now hubby and I are trying like crazy and in the first tww after MC. Good luck. Lots of ppl get lucky the first cycle.

Good Luck to you Love!!! :flower: Your response was the response I was looking for! I also am thinking the same thing that my levels will drop much faster since I am not bleeding anymore and I had a d&c and that it was confirmed all tissue has been removed! I hope the best for you! Thanks Again!

I am terribly sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Girl I say go 4 it. If u have stopped bleeding then the chance of infection is low and it would be a perfect time 2 start bd'ing. U may ov a little later than normal on this cycle but if ur bd'ing every other day u shouldnt miss it. Lots say that they are more fertile the first few cycles after a d and c. It may happen a lot faster for u this time around. :) good luck 2 u hun and keep me posted

We have BD a few days ago, but used the good old pull out method, but I am anxious to get right back on the bandwagon and start trying. I am an avid softcups user so I bought my new pack a few days back and now I feel ready to use them again!

Thank You again for your advice. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"