HCG and Progesterone results and QUESTIONS

lily2614

Reaction score
I'm approximately 5-6 weeks along. My HCG came back a little over 3,000 which she said was equal to what we saw on the ultrasound yesterday. However my progesterone was only 8.6. I'm am taking daily medicine for that now. She says not to worry about the progesterone but I am. Anybody else have experience with that. This is my 3rd baby and I didn't have this problem with the either 2.

I have a repeat ultrasound on Monday. Which she said she should be able to see everything more clear. We did see a fetal pole and yolk sac yesterday. I have been spotting brown for a few days now which has me freaked out but she said she is not concerned about it. Could the low progesterone be the reason for the spotting?

For anybody on progesterone. How does your body do with all the hormones. I have a couple of friends that had to take it and she said she was absolutely crazy on it. Any side affects I need to know about that anyone has experienced.

Thanks for all the help!!

I've read that low progesterone can cause spotting. I've been pregnant 4 times...3 losses b/4 this final successful pregnancy, and all of mine have had low progesterone. It was higher with my successful pregnancy than with my losses, but still low enough to have to be put on prometrium twice a day. I took 400mg a day. I didn't notice any side effects from it. Is that what you're on? There are some doctors who believe it helps and others who believe it does nothing, but it can't hurt. I hope when you go back you see good progression and a nice little hb. Good luck!

I'm on progesterone and don't notice any real side effects from it other than maybe constipation.

I am also on progesterone and I feel that it is what allowed me to get pregnant. I think they say that I will be on it for the first trimester. I don't have any symptoms. I don't know what my progesterone level is though. I was told that there was no proof that progesterone works but it does't hurt so it's worth the try.

I believe that is the main reason we finally got a sticky bean after many years ttc. It's a personal choice but I looked at it like if I did nothing I might regret it so at least I tried! Low progesterone is definitely linked to early miscarriage but doctors seem to differ on their opinion on prescribing progesterone. My first doctor said low progesterone is a sign of a doomed pregnancy (genetic issues, poor impantation, etc) and progesterone just prolongs it. My second doctor who is an RE believes it doesn't hurt to try and credits it for this sticky bean. Hope you have a sticky bean and good luck with the progesterone.

Low progesterone can certainly be a sign that things aren't progressing as they should but as the last poster said she's pg this time because the progesterone is supposedly helping. I myself have taken progesterone with several of my pregnancies and credit it with helping me get to full-term with my son and daughter. I firmly believe I wouldn't have my kids if it weren't for the progesterone.

As to your question of progesterone side effects, yes it can cause spotting especially if you are taking it in suppository or pessiary form since you are putting the hormone right next to the cervix and it can cause irritation to the cervix. I'm on the oral version and I had spotting off and on from 5 weeks that the dr says is due in part to the medication. I've also had some pretty bad dizzy spells and fatigue for about an hour after I take it. I've been told this can be minimized if you take the suppository or pessiary form.

I am on progesterone and I have noticed no side effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->