HCG back to normal after 2nd trimester loss?

Tryingx

Reaction score
Hi All
This is a question for any ladies that have suffered a 2nd tri loss. I unfortunately delivered my baby at 17.5 weeks and am now waiting for my Hcg levels to return to normal (ie. neg preg test). A week later and im still getting positve preg tests. When did your preg test turn negative after a 2nd tri loss?

Many thanks for reading

I am so very sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs:
I am so sorry i can't be of any help, I never took a pregnancy test after I lost Ava (I also gave birth at 18 and half weeks) I just could not bring myself to take one. Hope someone can answer your question..
XOXOXOXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, I can't answer your question as I never took any tests after my loss - I didn't even realise til I read it on this site that a test would come back positive afterwards, but I never wanted to try it out.

I got my AF just under 4 weeks after my D & E, which was 10 days after the birth, so I think it was a case of once all the remaining placenta was removed the hormone levels must have dropped quite quickly after that. I never tested, though, and because I had retained products, my case may be different anyway.

Hope someone else has better info for you! :hugs:

My first test was at 21 days past I believe... so I dont know exactly how long but less than 3 weeks and I was one day short of 17 weeks. :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't know you could do that until I read it on this site and for some reason I thought preg tests didn't work after 4 months, don't know where I got that from, so sorry I can't help there.

I got my first AF 5 weeks after giving birth at 20wks, so presumed that the hormones were gone but I had awful trouble with my skin which is only now fading (3 months later) so I think a lot of the hormones must have been still leaving my system until about now. It was twins though so may have been more severe because of that, or the acne may have been unrelated. Sorry I can't help more.

I tested about 2 weeks after my stillborn at 29 weeks and it was negitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->