HcG didn't double?

branham22

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound on Monday (6w1d) and one last Thursday (5w4d). When I got the ultrasound last Thursday we only saw a small gestational sac. And when I got it on Monday the gestational sac was much bigger and there was a yolk sac. My doctor was concerned with not seeing a fetal pole or heartbeat though. So he wanted me to get a couple betas. The first one I got on Monday was 11,251. It more than doubled from the ones I had a week prior! And the one I took yesterday was 16,000+. It didn't double. Is that ok? My doctor didn't seemed concerned and I go back for another ultrasound on Monday. I'm just worried about my numbers not doubling. ETA: I also had some light pink spotting Monday before my appointment. When I went in for my transvaginal ultrasound, when she pulled the wand out, there was red blood on it (sorry tmi). Then for a few hours after my ultrasound I had some red blood mixed with my cm. It got lighter and eventually went away and I haven't had any since.

sorry, no idea, we dont have blood tests in the uk.
fingers crossed for you though
x

I'm not certain when but it does come to a point where you're so far along your HCG will not double like it did in the very early weeks. I'm not sure when that starts though. Hope everything goes great for you :hugs:

I'm not certain when but it does come to a point where you're so far along your HCG will not double like it did in the very early weeks. I'm not sure when that starts though. Hope everything goes great for you :hugs:

That's correct, the rate of HCG increase will change over time as you get further along in your pregnancy. Here is a page with some calculators that may help https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

Also look at this chart:

HCG Level

Doubling Time

< 1200
48 - 72 hours

1200 to 6000
72 - 96 hours

> 6000
> 96 hours

Thank you! That was helpful! I didn't realize by 6-7 weeks they take longer to rise. I Didn't think that happened until 9-10 weeks. I am hoping when I go Monday I will see my sweet baby and his/her flickering heartbeat. If it changed that much from 5+4 to 6+1, then I bet when I go Monday on 7+1 things will look a lot different! Right?! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->