HCG Level at 5 weeks

H

happymummy

Hi Ladies

I have been in a&e with tummy pain which the staff queried as an ectopic. I have been scanned and a yolk sac was seen in my uterus so thats great but I am concerned about my hcg level. It was 1100 and I am 5 weeks. From what I have read, it should be higher than that? I know it needs to double every few days and I am going back again but I just wondered if anybody has had this sort of level with a great outcome. I am dur to be re scanned as the heart beat wasnt seen but at 5 weeks I am not suprised. Help and advice greatly appreciated by a worried lady x

Hey hun, i'm not even going to say "don't worry!" as i know it is impossible. But from what i understand about HCG levels yours is in the normal range for 5 weeks pregnant...and the actual number is less important than if it is roughly doubling withing 48 hours or on the increase.

It is great news they were able to see the sac in your uterus and rule out an ectopic, fingers crossed next time the heart will be there beating away.

We had a scan at 6+6 and i wasn't sure whether we'd see the HB or not, as i know it isn't a guarantee so early on, but amazingly it was there beating away as clear as anything. I hope it is the same for you.

:hug:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I do need to try and chill out about it a bit really or I will drive myself insane. I am hopefully having my bloods repeated today and then I will have an idea plus I have a scan on Friday. Fingers crossed it'll be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"