hcg levels at 4weeks2days?

H

HerdingDogs

Hi y'all! I had my blood drawn yesterday to do my monthly STD testing and figured I'd barge in and get my HCG done while I was there. My levels came back as 1,288. Which seems awfully high considering I just got my first bfp exactly (to the hour) one week before I got my blood drawn. That morning I got a BFN, not even a hint of a shadow or a squinter. Is that normal to go from <5 to 1,288 in one week? =/ I swear I will punch someone in the face if it's multiples. I'm in a bad mood today because my art prep was cancelled and this lady would not STFU at lunch so I didn't get to eat and I held my pee so long it started to hurt... hahaha sorry! So much rage!

No hunny that's perfectly in the normal range. I remember with my son at 4+5 my levels were 4,800. Hcg levels can range massively in different women and pregnancies. This pregnancy mine were 1406 when I was around 4 weeks.

Yay! Thank you! Yeah, the internet was not helpful on this one. I found so many that said I should be under 500 then a bunch saying it was normal. I hate Google sometimes.

First rule of pregnancy, stay away from google! Trust me it's never helpful, just causes worry. I've learnt my lesson many times.

First rule of pregnancy, stay away from google! Trust me it's never helpful, just causes worry. I've learnt my lesson many times.

AMEN, maryanne1987! Stay the bleep bleep AWAY from Google! Definitely only helpful for increasing stress levels!

And herdingdogs, your hCG is beautiful! But also remember, nothing can truly be told about the pregnancy with one value as what is more important is that it is doubling, or nearly doubling every 48-72 hours. Nevertheless, between your current level and your pregnancy-induced "rage", it seems things are progressing well! :winkwink:

Thanks for the reassurance and the laughs! This is pretty new territory to me so I freak out over everything.

Awww multiples aren't so bad :winkwink:

But if it helps to alleviate your concern, with multiples, my 4w2d HCG was only 449. Just definitely depends on when you had implantation and how fast your doubling rate is, not necessarily how many there are.

You are a goddess. I think any mom with multiples is magical. My mom had twins after me when I was 9. Omg so much exhaustion and they were pretty good. They ate at the same time and didn't fuss much. Still just got tired watching her. I didn't mind babysitting them while mom napped, but I think twins would mean I have to give up some pets. Which I am not ready or willing to do.

Haha, I def wouldn't describe me as very magical right now... I am in more of survival mode trying to keep these critters fed. I am very excited, but people like your mom who are raising twins+ already are the true goddesses. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death, in between feelings of being doubly blessed :)

It is definitely a blessing. They are frat twins since my mom did ivf. The guy who delivered me was a dick and intentionally butchered my mom's insides so she couldn't get pregnant anymore, and my stepdad wanted more. So in went three eggs and out came two babies. :) But yeah. They are double the love and fun. Twins are great.

Hi ladies :hi:

I have not had my hcg blood test yet found out I was pregnant on Monday and have the midwife on Friday.. are things different in the uk? :shrug:

I'm in uk only reason I'm having beta hcg tests are because of my recurrent losses and medication xx

They won't perform a hcg count Hun in the uk unless you have issues with the pregnancy or previous losses. To be honest though sometimes they can cause more worry. All I have done is stress about my levels lol

Technically I don't know they do them here either but I'm a first time mom so who knows. I'm just super annoying with my GYN. What I post on here is filtered compared to what I send her via email haha. I'm going to bring her a gift to my first prenatal. I'm annoying.

But yeah. I only had it done because I literally told Health Education (who I order my STD tests through) that if I was already being drawn I wanted a blood test. So they sent me upstairs and I had to wait for a nurse. And I was like I'm not leaving until she orders my test. :) But I said it in a nice way hahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->