Hcg levels at 5 weeks?

babytots

Reaction score
I had some bloods taken 2 days ago and my hcg is 2,010 just wondering if thats ok for 5 weeks (17dpo)

What was everyone elses at this stage? x

You need to check to see that they're doubling, that's what's important. :) Did you get blood tested again? I don't think mine was that high at five weeks.

Hi babytots! That number sounds great to me. At 17 dpo my beta was at 659 (so at the 5 week/21 dpo mark if they double appropriately mine would be at 2,636). As long as it is doubling every 2 days then it sounds perfect. The American Pregnancy Association says that at 5 weeks pregnant your hcg should be between 18-7,340 so there is a huge range of what is normal. Will you get a repeat draw?

Hi hun that was the plan. Went to my doctors to request the bloods but she didn't mention to the nurse to repeat them and she wouldn't book me in again without the doctors say so and told me to wait til these results and see if the doctor has written a note with my results. No further action needed is what was put on the receptionists computer screen when I went to get them.

I'm pretty peeved off to say the least as my doctor knows I have a history of recurrent loss so why she didn't book me in again I don't know. Shall be ringing them tomorrow to try and get something sorted.x

Thanks sil thats reassuring to know. See my post above about my doctor.x

Are you in the US? Every pregnant woman I know has had at least two blood draws to make sure the hcg was doubling. It's odd your doctor didn't request that. :/

5 weeks mine were 4,434 but yours is in the good range as long as it doubled from your last draw 48 hrs prior :)

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

Well a digi changes to 3+ at 2000miu, which must be an average for the 5w mark, so it sounds like you are slightly above average! Congrats on the fab result!

Thanks ladies. Tried to get another blood test but the nurse refused saying they would only repeat if there was a problem. Annoyed me slightly as hcg levels that don't rise properly will show a problem regardless if I'm bleeding or not and now I have to wait til next week when I get in with the epu.

Dan-I I didn't know that. Might have to do my digi tomorrow hopefully get the 3+ :) x

Odd! When my nurse order the lab work for the hcg levels she ordered 2, specifically to check if they were doubling. I don't see what good having a 2k+ hcg level is if 2-3 days later it may have only gone up to 2100, or worse... Having decreased. As long as you have a Dr. Appt coming up I would ride it out and try not to fret.

Mine was 749 at 20dpo, recently had a scan and baby had a heart beat!

Mine at 18dpo was 1921 and 6920 at 21dpo.

I am waiting for a call with mine as we speak. I had blood taken on Saturday. Glad to see this post!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->