HCG Levels going down too slowly

appu

Reaction score
I miscarried when I was 7 weeks along, had d and c on september 22nd and AF did not arrive till now. My doctor checked hcg levels a couple of weeks back and they it came back as 323. She said few women take more time before HCG levels come to below 5.

Is this normal? Its been almost 9 weeks since my d and c with no AF. They did an ultrasound and made sure there is nothing left from the miscarriage in the uterus...please advise.

i dont know the answer sorry - but i am still getting bfps and my d and c was almost 2 weeks ago. the doc said it should only take a couple of weeks. maybe you should go back to docs and get your levels checked again. it might give you an indication of how fast they are declining and when u can expect them to be at 0. sorry to not be much help :hugs:

I dont want to get your hopes up. But is it possible you could be pregnant again?

If not then i would go to the doctor, it cant hurt.
xx

My HCg went down to 4 - which they count as negative within 7 days of my Mc but I am still waiting for AF - 5 weeks on from stopping bleeding! So it could be a while yet til you return to normal.
Might be worthwhile asking if your doctor will repeat the bloods to see if its gone down more.

xxx

Hi Appu,

After my first m/c and D&C it took me well over a month for my HCG to come down. It took 9 weeks for my first AF. I did ovulate in between my D&C and first AF. My SIL bleed for 3 months straight then it took another 2 months for her first AF. Everyone woman is different and some of us just need a little extra time to heal.

Thanks guys for the responses, I went back to the doctor and guess what, I am pregnant again, 8 weeks 1 day pregnant which means I conceived as soon as my d and c!!!!!
As much as I want to be happy I am scared too...I wish nothing bad happens....did anyone here had the same experience and had a healthy baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->