Hcg levels....help please

jessica716

Mummy to a rainbow baby
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Ok so according to lmp I am 7 weeks today, a scan last week showed a week behind.

I had some bleeding last week and so I've been booked in for a rescan next week and had bloods done today,lol.

Epu have just confirming my hcg is at 87263, that's at 6 weeks preg according to my scan or 7 weeks max if off lmp.

Does this sound like it's where it should be?

They've said I don't need to go back weds for my follow up bloods as they don't think it'll double due to it being where it is.

As I'm new to the hcg thing just wondered if any of you ladies had any more experience with this
As don't want to cancel an appointment if I should really still be going

If your hcg was 87,000+ at just 6 weeks I'd say that's pretty high.

I thought average was 1,000-56,000 at that point.

I agree the bloods won't tell you much as they usually don't double at this point anyway, but I'd definitely keep the scan. What did the first one show exactly? Were you able to see heartbeat?

Nope. No heartbeat but a nice gest sac and a really nice looking yolk sac but nothing else. But they put me at 5 weeks from that scan. So I would only be 6 weeks now if that's the case
Unless baby was just running a little slow and is catching up now.

No way I'm missing that next scan haha, can't wait to see baby.

My dr's office said that hcg levels slow way down once they hit 5 digits, which you are way over that, so I wouldn't worry about going for another blood draw. At this point, scans are the best way to track progress. So unfortunately you'll have to wait until next week! The waiting sucks, I know. I have my first scan next week too. Fx for us both!

Those are really high HCG levels for 6 weeks! Did they only find one baby? Was there a heartrate? Really high HCG levels can mean that you are further along than you think, that you are carrying multiples, or, unfortunately, a molar pregnancy or downs syndrome... BUT unless you have a previous blood draw to which you can compare it, it's really hard to know how high it is. It's usually a relational thing.

Fingers crossed for your next scan!

Like the pp poster said, those numbers are incredibly high. Maybe twins?

There was only a gest sac and a yolk sac at my last scan.

HCG numbers are so hit and miss, but my thought was multiples or molar as well. I don't at all want to worry you, but that high I would really have thought you should have been able to see heartbeat in any case. I'm really surprised they didn't express any concern of that to you.

One gestational sac and yolk could still be twins though.

My scan was a week ago tho and bloods today. So wouldn't have necessarily seem a hb at levels they could have been last week maybe?

Don't know what my hcg was last week as they didn't test it then

If your doc didn't express any concern then I don't want to load you up with any unnecessarily. For information's sake, there have been several studies done that concluded that by 1,000, a sac should be visible. By 7,200 a yolk sac should be visible. By 10,000 a heartbeat should be visible (and that's high end, usually docs will look for it when a woman hits 4,000 or so).

THAT SAID - not every pregnancy is textbook by a long shot. If you google there are several women who have had pregnancies just like yours with sky high hcg's early on while seeing sac and yolk and ended up having just one healthy singleton.

Keep an open mind, and trust your docs lead :flower:

Twins do run in the family on my mother's side. There was only the one sac last week but as no baby at that point could well be multiples still.
Going to go Bk weds anyhow for bloods just to make sure they aren't doing anything odd.
Fx for Monday for a healthy bean (or two)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->