Hcg levels went from 1,570 to 27,720

someone23

Reaction score
Is that normal in 1 week. ? And the us yesterday put me at 5 w 6 d which today make me 6w0d.. I don't see how when my LMP was 7/5. Please help me make sense of this.

Hi Someone, you levels seem to be doubling at a fairly normal rate if the blood tests were 7 days apart. The actual number isn't an indicator of a healthy pregnancy, they just want to see the numbers double ever 48hrs on average.

Is that normal in 1 week. ? And the us yesterday put me at 5 w 6 d which today make me 6w0d.. I don't see how when my LMP was 7/5. Please help me make sense of this.

Well, the numbers are a bit high, but the 6 weeks is easy enough to explain...You probably just ovulated a little earlier than you thought and therefore are measuring ahead. For example, my lmp was 6/17 but I ovulated on CD18 (7/4) so although I am technically 8 weeks today, I am really only 7w4d per my ultrasound at 6 weeks.

I didn't bd until 8/19.. That was the only time & that don't put me at 6 weeks. I'm just confused

They're measuring how big the baby is. Not how long since you implanted.

That's what they're estimating their weeks on.

It's only off a few days, and early ultrasounds have an error rate of +-6 days, so I wouldn't be concerned with that. The hcg seems like it's rising appropriately. The number can vary widely (mine was 18,762 at 4w6d), but as long as it's going up that indicates that things are most likely progressing. Congratulations.

The HCG sounds fine to me, but I'm no expert. And it's normal to measure a few days out on early ultrasounds - at my 9 week one, I measured around 4-5 days ahead, but this had evened out by my later scans. I think you'd be more concerned if baby was measuring behind as opposed to a little bigger than you expect.
Everything sounds as though it's going well, so try to relax xxxxxxx :hugs:

It doesnt matter honestly whay do you had sex on, they date a pregnancy from the first day of your last period making you six weeks insteas of four, so the first two weeks that they count, you were waiting to ovulate. Thats normal :)

Had a dating scan today and it put me at 6w.. That is in the range of where I thought I should be.. We did see a heart beat at 110.

Congrats. Glad things are about where you expected them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->