HcG levels were up-UPDATE

Jencocoa

Reaction score
Quick summary for anyone who didn't see my original threads. I was told a miscarriage was imminent week after week after week and then on August 9 at my appointment the ultrasound showed an empty uterus according to them. They said I had probably passed over the weekend even though I had only tiny clots. They drew my blood to make sure the hCG levels are going down and said I have to come back in about a week to make sure they were continuing to lower until they reached zero. That night I had severe cramping and passed a large mass, which I posted pictures of and some on here thought it could be the sac and embryo. That made sense to me. They said that was not likely since my uterus was empty but I still thought perhaps it was on its way out or the tech somehow missed it as it was small. I just today finally got the results of that blood test from last week, the day my uterus was found empty my hCG had almost doubled from the last time they took it. To me, it seems like perhaps that's because the sac and embryo were still in my body and that is probably what I passed later that day. What do you think? I go back in Friday to get the new number. I'm still having so much cramping and pain so hopefully the number went down and there's not something major still stuck in there because I would hate to have gone through all this pain for over a week now of the natural miscarriage only to have surgery anyhow.

That sounds probable. My numbers only dropped after I passed the sac. But before that they kept doubling which was really enough to mess with my mind. After that it took months to get back to 0 because my body was lazy.

Definitely not an ectopic. I think I just still have or had a lot of pregnancy material and me. Today I was advised by my doctor to leave work and go home and put my feet up due to massive massive bleeding. I don't understand why it's hitting so far after I passed the sack. She said if after resting I still continue to bleed through a pad an hour I have to go to the emergency room but since I've been home I do think it has lightened up. It was pretty scary at work. My midwife said that she honestly felt like I hadn't passed enough blood and material so she's not surprised. Perhaps she could have mentioned that to me last week to be prepared!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had a mmc before my 3 boys and I passed a few clots (some were quite big) I still however needed to have a d&c as there was still something there. Xx

I go and see the midwife today. Hopefully get some more answers soon.

So my midwife today. Uterus is moving down and cervix is closed. Took my blood and will find out hCG tomorrow but she said she expected it to be way down. She believes that I won't bleed like that again and that the worst is over and I'm at the tail end of my miscarriage. I sure hope she's right. My iron was at nine so I'm supposed to supplement and try to get that number higher. I'm so tired. I'm physically and mentally and emotionally so tired. This has been such a long and trying process.

This happened to me and I had something still left in there. Once that last piece passed I complete stopped bleeding. It took almost 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->