Hcg

Bea32

Reaction score
Hi,

I got BFP on 6th September and went straight to dr. She did blood tests and urine sample. I went back today for results. She told me the pregnancy was confirmed but very early. According to my LMP I. 5w1d. She didnt mention anything about hcg levels and I've been reading a lot about these in other posts and Internet research. Should I be concerned she didn't tell me what they are? I've got another blood test on Monday as I have a high liver enzyme count or something and also my white blood cells are slightly high. I'm getting the blood taken by pathology not her. She says she will only get in contact if she has concerns about blood results, otherwise I won't see her until after my 7 week ultra sound. Should I be concerned?

No they don't tend to tell yo results unless you ask for them in the uk, if that's where you are?

I have to ring my doctors when they are back and ask what the level is.

Thanks. I'm actually in Australia (originally from the UK)

Prior to seeing the doctor I'm currently seeing, I never knew any of my HCG results. The doctors I had during the pregnancies of my oldest three never actually checked my HCG levels; they just did a blood test that basically gave a yes/no answer. Even with this pregnancy and the pregnancy with my youngest, I specifically requested to get my HCG levels checked, rather than just a yes/no answer. I think it's pretty standard that they don't tell you the levels unless you specifically request them.

Hey, I also live in Australia and this is my 3rd pregnancy (miscarried 2nd) and the doctors always tell me my results. At my next appointment after my blood test the doctor goes through all my results and tells me if they were okay or not. If I was worried about the HCG he would give me another blood test form to get another one done. He also gave me a referral for a dating scam and to make sure everything was ok. I'm surprised that they didn't give you your test result I thought all doctors in Australia did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->