He bit me! ouch!

lokatyve

Reaction score
I was blessed with a very easy breastfeeding experience. My son had a perfect latch the first time and he ate like a champ and only 3 problems have arose during the past 10 months. I thought after my bought with mastitis I was in the clear with pain for awhile. But as with all babies he finally got his first tooth just 2 weeks ago. I was excited! That was up until we went to breastfeed last night and when I smiled down at him he quickly bit down with his tooth under my nipple and slid it out scraping off skin all the way to the top leaving a bloody mark.

That was incredibly painful and I would like to discourage that in the future but I'm not sure how. He occasionally would do that before his tooth broke through but it was so infrequent I didn't know how to stop it. Advice?

My mum says I did it all the time. She would swat my nose and tell me no. Then if I kept doing it, she would tell me if I don't stop, I would have to go on a bottle. They can understand when they do something not ok when you voice it. They may not understand the words but by your body language and tone of voice they can pick up on right and wrong. You could also try nipple shields?

With my DD I would unlatch her and tell her no that hurt then relatch. If she did it again then I would stall nursing her a bit usually not getting "milkies" when she wanted it was enough to stop it. I found she bit more when I was doing other things while nursing her or if she was board while nursing so I usually brought a toy or worn a necklace so she could play with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->