He hasnt brought anything :(

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend dont live together (we live quite far apart) its a long story but anyway i have got all of the stuff for our baby and my parents even brought us £400 pram but my boyfriend hasnt brought a thing for his place except a few clothes he keeps saying its to early, in my head im screaming at him to get stuff and i feel like he should be but i dont know if this is my hormones, it just seems unfair that ive been left to get every single thing and he hasnt gotten anything. Plus he spends £15 a week on alcohol and earns 10x amount i do i just thought the £££ would be equal. It just seems i have to make all the sacrifices while he can still buy loads of exspensive stuff like £500 TVS and £60 jackets and buying alcohol while im left to do it all. Hormonal ranting. Sorry.

You are right to be angry! Id be telling him its not too early and u need things before baby gets here! If he lives with his parents too... What do they say about it all, surely they would want him to be responsible

You are right to be angry! Id be telling him its not too early and u need things before baby gets here! If he lives with his parents too... What do they say about it all, surely they would want him to be responsible

I live with my parents he has his own place and he moans at me when i do buy things because hes like the baby doesnt really need that and im wasting my money : S my parents Re pretty peed he hasnt brought nout to be honest shes going to be here in 7/9 weeks. If i didnt buy stuff shed have nothing.

Sounds like he is in for a real reality check once your baby arrives

I know i just dont know what to do anymore obviously i cant force him to buy stuff and he keeps saying his looking but yeah :S

I'd be upset too. Some guys are just too casual about these things and us girls like to be organised! I'd be letting him know that he was stressing me out and to please start buying. I hope he pulls his finger out soon. Xx

Yep I'd be angry! Whilsts it's true babies probably don't NEED a lot of the things we end up buying they still need a lot of stuff for such small people. He needs the very basics now! Bed, bath, feeding,changing, and clothing at the least. Good luck!

I'd demand he gives you half for the necessities such as the cot, moses basket etc. He is just as obligated as you to pay for this baby. Point out that if you two were to split for any reason, the courts would deem his lack of financial input as a reason to deny access ;) should panic him a bit x

He's probably not going to shop for the items, right? What guy wants to do that? Let out the important items with prices and ask him to give you the money for half. Then you go out and do the shopping, save the receipts if he needs proof.

I feel the same! Its so annoing!
My ex (dad-to-be) and his family, haven't baught a thing for my baby and I've had to buy everything, every piece of clothing, the cot, Moses basket, pram, nappies, everything and his excuse is because they dont have any money. Which is a lie because he goes out with his mates all the time. none of his family work and there all on be benefits and I'm working and saving all my money up, it's pothetic!
He even asked me not to put him on the birth certificate so he didn't have to pay money for her, who does that!!!
And theres no point in me going for maintenance when she's born because I'll only get like £5 a week. So annoying!

Just smack hom :haha: just kidding...well kinda :) dh doesn't want to get anything! He wants to use the crib that the girls used. 1 its falling apart 2 dd is not ready to sleep in a big girl bed and he keeps fighting with me on it img going to get my way if he likes it or not
Were also fighting about a rocking chair. I know its not something we NEED but if I'm going to even try to bf I need a spot. Well my friend found a really cheap one (like $7) and ya I'm great full but it has a bump and it does that thing where you think its going to throw you back and yesterday I sat in it and put my head back (slow) and I ended up on the floor and the back bar things popped out. He got home popped them back in and sat down in it I'm about to throw it off the dang porchh! Bah sorry

Just smack him :)

My ex (dad-to-be) and his family, haven't baught a thing for my baby and I've had to buy everything, every piece of clothing, the cot, Moses basket, pram, nappies, everything and his excuse is because they dont have any money. Which is a lie because he goes out with his mates all the time. none of his family work and there all on be benefits and I'm working and saving all my money up, it's pothetic!
He even asked me not to put him on the birth certificate so he didn't have to pay money for her, who does that!!!
And theres no point in me going for maintenance when she's born because I'll only get like £5 a week. So annoying!

Wow that is pathetic, i'm so sorry to hear your in this situation :( :hugs:, i think it should be the law that men have to pay child maintenance, men get life far to easy.

So annoying today he paid off half of his telly bill which is 580 so today payed off £300 (his on benefits and gets £1,500 a month, dont ask, thats another story) lol! anyway i was like lets pop to Argos and asda to get a cheap moses basket for his place for like £20 and he just kept changing the subject and and saying he doesn't wanna carry it around town when a few weeks ago when buying the telly he was willing to get it there and then and get a taxi and everything but they only do delivery. lol!

Thanks for all the reply ladies, it really helped a lot, i will be having words with him, i don't want his money, i just want him to start buying essentials for his place and not leave it all down to me, if he really wants to be in this childs life he should start acting like it. Though a part of me thinks its my hormones and i'm being hard on him, ugh!

Ok i just found he gets £600 on benefits, sorry my bad, i swear he told me £1000 that once though. Well i got a reply and he said our little girl will get what she deserves and needs and he likes to leave things to the last minute (thats how he likes to do things) :S and he sensed a little jealousy in my message :S dont know where he got that impression and he could see where i was coming from but was upset at the same time and thought i could of put it in a nicer way, ill copy and paste that email here i dont think i could of put it in a nicer way, i wasnt nasty. And then he was explaining why he gets this money and about his mental health and he shouldnt have to explain himself and now he feels guility spending his money Ugh!

Had an antenatal appointment the other day where they tell you about the labour and show you round the birth centre, it was at 4pm, i rang him at 1pm cause I'd been busy all morning and i woke him up, he apparently got up, watched TV for an hour to wake himself up then got ready, i rang him at 2:45 to see if he was on the train to Birmingham from derby but no he was waiting for the bus, to get to the train station, there was no way in hell he was gonna make it but he was insistent he was going to, even though the appointment was an hour away, then 5 mins later he was like " stuff it, just take your mum, i'm gonna end up looking like a right clown coming in late ffs i'm so annoyed etc.." Couldn't take my mum because she was busy and i didn't want to go alone, cause i thought I'd be the only one there alone and everyone would be in couples but then one of my friends pointed out it could be the opposite but i was so angry that i wasn't in the mood and i feel so guilty, i feel like i could of been stronger and went and feel like i let my daughter down, all because the dad couldn't be ***** to make a 4pm appointment, wtf!

I'm so close to bursting with anger and he still hasn't got anything. I've wrote him a very basic list of what he needs to get to help him out but hes still spending it on alcohol.

Just make another app *hugs* if he doesn't show up in time aging I would leave the ball in his court don't try to help him. If you really don't want to go along make sure you can have someone as back up to go. Some guys just don't get it like I said dh doesn't think we need like any thing :x

Just make another app *hugs* if he doesn't show up in time aging I would leave the ball in his court don't try to help him. If you really don't want to go along make sure you can have someone as back up to go. Some guys just don't get it like I said dh doesn't think we need like any thing :x

I have another one this week its like a 2 week course, dont know if i can just walk in this time but ill just do it anyway lol! Men are just so useless lol!

I have another one this week its like a 2 week course, dont know if i can just walk in this time but ill just do it anyway lol! Men are just so useless lol!

Most of the time :haha:

You can politely tell him that whether you decide to name him on the birth certificate or not, he is still required to pay child maintenance!

Although, I agree the £5 a week sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->