He hates stage 2. Help!

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
I put Roman on stage 2 jars as soon as he hit 7 months. He does well with his food and was eating finger foods really well. Although he has no teeth yet he manages to chew stuff. So i thought he would do really well with the next stage of jars.

But no.....he hates them. He takes a mouthful, chews it as he should but then gags. Ive tried persevering but he will only take a few mouthfuls and then refuse it. So ive had to go back to stage 1 and just feel stuck. I even tried blending it so he could get used to the new flavours but he still wont eat them. Yet he will eat finger foods really well.

What can i do? He takes a full jar of porridge in the morning, full jar of veg at dinner and a full jar of fruit at teatime. All stage 1 and his sleeping has improved loads. When i was introducing stage 2 jars he wasnt eating it and so started waking in the night for food.

Help!

I've got this problem, I'm just going to keep offering it until she is used to it, she is just gagging/spitting out the lumpy bits at the moment.

Why don't you offer more finger foods? My friend's baby won't eat lumpy purees either, and this is what they do, finger foods plus smoother foods like yoghurt. If he's not quite eating enough finger foods to satisfy his hunger, you could up his milk until he's eating more.

Edward was like this, it could be that LO still has quite a sensitive gag reflex. I would go back onto smoother stuff for 2-3weeks and then try again

I had this trouble with Charlie. In fact, he wouldn't eat lumpy foods until he was 10 months old. I found pureeing half the jar and mixing it all up would help. Generally I kept him on stage one and just kept offering it to him. I honesly thought Charlie would be about 21 and still on purees but he was just taking his time and he will eat anything now. x

zane hated stage 2 jars, hed refuse to eat them.

up until i gave him more finger food and then a meat jar and he loved it so i didnt have anymore problems with him after that.

until i started to cook him more food he wudnt eat it, hed only eat his dads cooking!

that was really frustrating lol

Have you tried making your own food and gradually introducing more lumps?

Have you tried making your own food and gradually introducing more lumps?

I did when he was a little younger. Going to try again though. Have been looking for ideas on meals i can make him and have found a few so will give them a try tonight.

iv just started to add baby rice to jesses food to make it abit thicker and hes had the odd stage 2 jar he does spit the lumps out and gag sometimes too but its only trial an error, id suggest trying to find one that he does like, maybe a sweeter one? then keep trying until hes used to it xx

I've just thought. Which brands have you tried? Heinz Mum's Own have much smaller lumps than Hipp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->