He just won't hold the bottle himself.

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
He is perfectly able to do it has he use to it before. I've been feeding it to him and I wish he'd feed himself because he's getting really heavy. If I give it to him, he'll hold it and throw it on the floor and look at me.

Any tips?

can you give him a sippy cup? I have seen bottles/sippy cups that are transition cups for babies that are easy to hold and tip to drink out of.

Coltons the exact same, and he is abit older. Still wont hold his bottle. I dont really know what to do except hope that he will grow out of it.
People have told me to just sit him in the floor with it next to him but he just cries. And when he actually does get it he just puts the nipple in his mouth and takes his hands off of it. He sits there sucking on the nipple with the bottle just dangling from his mouth :dohh:
:rofl:
Plus he wont hold a sippy either. I've been giving him his juice in a sippy for alittle over a month now (after quite some time trying to find one he would even drink from) and I have to hold that too.

can you give him a sippy cup? I have seen bottles/sippy cups that are transition cups for babies that are easy to hold and tip to drink out of.

Josh has a sippy cup which he loves, but he won't take milk from it. He associated the sippy cup with water.

Ella doesnt iether , nor did Carly at this age!
Im not too sure when the 'right' age is to do it iether :lol:
I wouldnt worry he will do it sooner or later :)

Riley will only old his bottle if hes laying down think its to heavy for him when sitting hes been doing it about 3 weeks now so not long

Caitlin did it once younger then nothing also same as you she won't take milk from a cup/beaker only juice. Only recently has she been drinking her own milk in the mornings from bottle but we still give her the night time milk.

Giving him his feeds as usual and offering his own bottle now with some extra milk will gradually gain his interest :D

I agree with others, it will come in time. If he is usually tired when feeding, he prob just can't be bothered.

Bethanie could hold her bottle from a month old, then a few months old properly.. she just didn't seem to want to - we got her some of those bottle handles you can get (not sure which brand you get, but you can buy them for avent bottles) and she soon wanted to hold it. As others said though, don't worry.. maybe he is just tired or wants mummy to do it!
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31P3r4Ln-SL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

Tilly, that is exactly what I was talking about above! I couldnt remember which brand it was though.

Max is the same hun , he can very well hold his own bottle but wont the lazy bugger !

ciaran loves holding his bottle he had done it since he was 6 months but its just lately that he has been holding it proper sitting up :) i want to buy they sippy cup bottles anyone know where ill find them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->