He wont stop crying

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Despite gaviscon for his reflux Oliver still wont settle. Infact he's really worrying me right now. He has done nothin but scream since 3pm. Nothing i do helps him. Im in tears cus i cant bare to watch him like this.He had got better when we 1st gave him the gaviscon but it aint lasted. :cry:

He's still bringin back his feeds..no where near as much as before but still..
And he's still spittin out his feed despite wantin it! He constantly wants a bottle..im assumin its comfort eatin or he's hungry cus he's not keepin much down.

Worst thing is not knowin for sure whats goin on...doctor only said they think its reflux..but it could be somethin to do with a tube in his tummy, the muscle bein too tight or somethin which means he'd need surgey. When we took his to the childrens ward they treat us horrible and made me feel like i didnt know what i was doin. The nurse criticised every thing i did! I just want my little man to be happy x

Reflux is nasty Sammi, he will be screaming because it is acidic in his throat/chest and it will be very sore for him. He will be constantly hungry-Rebecca was, cause they bring it up, but rest assured they do get some goodness even from the stuff they bring back up.

I would advise going back to the Dr and asking about SMA Staydown, if u cant get an appt with your GP right away Boots sell SMA Staydown but its near £8 a time.

You can also try him with cool boiled water-this relieves the acidness he will be suffering.

It is a nightmare hun, I can fully sympathise!:hugs:

xx

Thanks hun. I just hate seein him cry like this when i cant help him :( The doc wasnt much help at all to be honest..he said he wasnt sure if it was reflux cus he seemed like he was in pain and reflux isnt painful!! LOL i was like what?? Everythin i read about it says it IS painful and my HV told me it is..what the hell is he on about!? lol x

Sounds like he don't know what hes talking about!

Can you see another GP - a lady GP maybe?

I am so sorry hes feeling unsettled and your obvious worried stupid :hugs:.

Cuddling Caitlin wrapped tight in a big soft blankie and facing in inwards while cradling her seem to work when shes screaming place down. You tried a dummy if you think the bottle is comfort? Miss C won't take any dummy other than the tommee back to nature ones :dohh:

Hi, sorry I haven't seen all your posts/replies so forgive me if I am repeating what's already been suggested.

I haven't had any experience of reflux but I remember a baby whisperer programme once that said holding the babies swaddled and in an upright position can sometimes help. She swaddled the baby in a blanket then held him closely to her chest whilst she walked round the house - it worked for this baby.

Does your baby like a warm bath? Sorry don't have anything else to suggest

We've tried dummies and swaddling etc. I've tried baths-he howls even more lol. He sometimes calms down abit when we cuddle him but still dosnt actually settle.We was up with him all last night, he sounded like he was being murdered. Takin him to see GP again this am. :( xx

Maybe hes a bit of pain I dunno can babies get headaches? Bet he gives himself one bless!

Calpol is for 2 months plus BUT if under 2 months they can have calpol but only perscribed by the GP because instead of doses that are specified on product the dose is based on babies weight (HV told me this) - just an idea to ask if you can try on top of whatever else he suggested this morning.

I might give it ago. dont see how it sould hurt- 2months on fri anyways and he weighs over what it says on the box. They were no help this morn..just said i gotto let him grow out of it! x

Would you consider taking him to see a Cranial Osteopath? I've heard they can sometimes sort out different problems. I think they cost about £25 (I took my daughter Olivia to see one when she was about 3 wks old).

Oliver is now only taking about 2oz at each feed.. he does nothin but cry because he's hungry but can't get much down him. He wants to feed but its too painful for him. He shakes his head about, arches up, screams and seems like he's choking. I ws in tears yesterday, ended up takin him bk to hosp. Again we where told there's nothin else they can give him. i cant stand this. i cant bare him lookin at me as if to say 'help me mummy'. x

I would look into cranial osteopathy too. My friend took her son. He was very unsettled and crying a lot for first 3 months, he hardly seemed to sleep and seemed like he was in pain. Worked for him. Good luck. What does your HV say:hi:

Not too sure what that is? HV said to speak to my doc..doc says to speak 2 my HV! :dohh: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->