Head aches?

Abigail8673

Reaction score
I am 32 weeks or so now. I am a person that just never really gets head aches. I got a few minor ones in the beginning of second because of the blood rush but found if I sat down or stood still they would go away in 15 mins or so but they never bothered me. Im a little worried because the past few days- everyday, all night and 60% of the day I have a terrible pounding head ache. I woke up this morning crying because it was so bad I couldnt sleep at all my head felt like it was going to explode. I took one Tylenolbut I know I shouldnt take more then one a day it seemed to help for a few hours till it wore off. I just dont know when a bad head ache is too bad? My mom had 4 kids, all with severe preclamsia. Im worried this might be the start of it? I have really bad swelling everywhere too. should I call my doctor or wait till my appt on tuesday? I was swollen up last week too but she didnt seem concerned

I would definitely call, especially since the weekends almost here and then the office will probably be closed. I have high BP so doctor is always asking about having headaches/if I am seeing spots, checking for swelling, and asking if I've had any upper abdominal since those could all be signs of pre eclampsia. I also did a 24-hr urine test to rule out pre e. Maybe they can have you do one to be sure? I would definitely call :flower:.

I was told today by my ob if a Tylenol takes care of the headache then it's not one to worry about. You can take more than one Tylenol a day just don't take more than what's recommended on the bottle.

Call. Better to be safe than sorry. I've been having headaches, but they go away with Tylenol, and I have had really bad allergies this season. I did call my OB around 33 weeks b/c of the headaches, and they had me come in just to be sure. I was fine, and he said it is probably just my allergies or a bug. I have had no swelling and my bp is normal tho. I did have pre-e in my last pregnancy, so I've been really paranoid this time around. Try to stay calm though b/c worrying only raises your bp.

I'd call. Especially with the family history of pre-e. My perinatologist said to call if i get a headache worse than any I've had ever before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->