Head Circumference measured large?

nlz2468

Reaction score
Hi i'm just popping over from 2nd tri and thought i would just ask to see if i get any responses...

At my anomaly scan preformed at 20+4 weeks and my Head Circumfrerence measured 187mm!! :o and now i'm worried that its a little on the larger side :wacko:

Can anyone relate to this or give me advice?

x

Hey hun. I can't remember exactly what my children's hc were in pregnancy, but they were always well off the scale (even my twins). One twin was at the 110th centile throughout, and the other was at the 95th - their leg and abdomen measurements followed suit too and they all just turned out to be big babies at birth.

It could just be that your lo is a larger than average baby and his/her head reflects that. If the sonographers whern't concerned, then I wouldn't be either ;) x

I'm in exactly the same situation.
At 20 weeks my sins head was measuring about 3 weeks ahead, all his other measurements were above average.
I've had repeat scans and the growth has been consistent.
Im now 35 weeks and his head an abdomen are above the 95th centile. His legs are on the 70th. The consultant says he is going to be very big!!

my little one is a few weeks ahead (sorry, no pun intended), but on my husband's side, all the babies were big (my OH was 11lbs. 7oz when born), so if the doctors aren't worries, try not to worry yourself....

best wishes

ps. removed ticker due to 'ad', but mc 2009 and 25wks+3/4 in this pregnancy

I am really worried because everyone else seems to have a smaller HC compared to mine mines like a whole 10mm extra compared to everyones :(

I hope baby is ok its got me all worried now i feel like i'm the odd one out if that makes sence like something is wrong with me compared to everyone else! x

I've checked an online calc, and for 20wks, 187mm for HC is only 79th centile, which is just fine :)
https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html#Growth_Percentile_Calculator

hope this helps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"