Head control at 4 months - bit worried

vanessa

Reaction score
May seems to be lagging a bit with head control....she can push up onto her forearms briefly when on her tummy and her head comes right up....but she still seems to have a wobbly head when you hold her after a bit (still does that thing where her head flies backwards!) and I tried her in a bumbo at a mates house and she couldn't keep her head up in it....

Should I be worried?

She is really advanced socially and with using her hands.....

Sorry didnt wanna read and run. ask ur GP to check to put ur mind at rest. Remember all babies develop at there own rate and may just b a bit slower than some in developing necessary neck muscles...

i personally would say that give her time but if you are really worried maybe speak to HV or doctor

Lou
xxx

Hey hun, our little Halle is a little slow on the head control too, she wil lift it for a while but seems to get tired easily and will flop after a while.

I'm trying to increase tummy time and try and get her to rely a little less on us on supporting her head while we are holding her.

If you are concerned then do take her to your doctor, but as someone said babies develop in their own time, and will be better at some things than others.

Amelie still has the odd wobble too. Ask your hv though if youre concerned :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/headcontrol/
For a fun game that also develops her neck muscles, place your baby on her back and slowly pull her up by her hands to a sitting position.

I can only echo what everyone else has said - if you're worried get it checked out but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. It really doesn't hurt to ask though.

And

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/headcontrol/
For a fun game that also develops her neck muscles, place your baby on her back and slowly pull her up by her hands to a sitting position.

Alasdair would really not have found this 'fun'! But I expect it does help, just maybe not over and over again?!

Sounds like nothing to worry about to me. They all do different things at different times. My little guy has been very slow with rolling/trying to crawl etc. but he is the most energetic little guy in other ways, just doesn't stop moving his hands and babbling and trying to put everything in his mouth and playing etc. I wouldn't worry if I were you, she will get there at her own pace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->