Head control at 4 months - bit worried

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by vanessa, Apr 26, 2009.

1. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member

May seems to be lagging a bit with head control....she can push up onto her forearms briefly when on her tummy and her head comes right up....but she still seems to have a wobbly head when you hold her after a bit (still does that thing where her head flies backwards!) and I tried her in a bumbo at a mates house and she couldn't keep her head up in it....

Should I be worried?

She is really advanced socially and with using her hands.....

2. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

Sorry didnt wanna read and run. ask ur GP to check to put ur mind at rest. Remember all babies develop at there own rate and may just b a bit slower than some in developing necessary neck muscles...

3. lollylou1

lollylou1 Mummy to Belle and preg

i personally would say that give her time but if you are really worried maybe speak to HV or doctor

Lou
    xxx

4. Poppeteer

Poppeteer Well-Known Member

Hey hun, our little Halle is a little slow on the head control too, she wil lift it for a while but seems to get tired easily and will flop after a while.

I'm trying to increase tummy time and try and get her to rely a little less on us on supporting her head while we are holding her.

If you are concerned then do take her to your doctor, but as someone said babies develop in their own time, and will be better at some things than others.

5. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Amelie still has the odd wobble too. Ask your hv though if youre concerned :)

6. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

7. isil

isil Well-Known Member

I can only echo what everyone else has said - if you're worried get it checked out but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. It really doesn't hurt to ask though.

And

Alasdair would really not have found this 'fun'! But I expect it does help, just maybe not over and over again?!

8. ani

ani Well-Known Member

Sounds like nothing to worry about to me. They all do different things at different times. My little guy has been very slow with rolling/trying to crawl etc. but he is the most energetic little guy in other ways, just doesn't stop moving his hands and babbling and trying to put everything in his mouth and playing etc. I wouldn't worry if I were you, she will get there at her own pace!