Head control

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Renah really just has no interest in holding her head up. She can do it if she's on my shoulder but she usually just doesn't bother. She also can move her head side to side on her tummy but she's only done it a few times and usually just gets frustrated and gives up before she even moves it once.

Should she have better control of her head at this point? I see some babies in bumbos and everything already, but there's no way I can even hold her without supporting her head, let alone put her in a bumbo. She can't even keep her head straight in a normal baby chair without having it propped up. She does have a really big, heavy head and I don't know if that's why?

I'm getting really worried about it

At that age there's no way Hannah could have sat in a bumbo and she has always had pretty good head control

Maley is holding her head up for very long periods of time but she has done that since birth!! but she is in now way ready for a Bumbo...but maybe its very tiring for Renah...try and stimulate her to hold her head up by getting her to follow toys and generally moving her neck to strengthen it....also....we have propped Maley up in the corner of the sofa since birth and i think that may have helped....she holds her head up but the sofa is there for when she gets tired....

meant to add that she'll have much better head control around 3 months, as her body grows into her head :) Plus bumbos really aren't meant to be used until 3+ months (not trying to offend anyone but that is what the instructions say). Hannah went into one right around 3 months

I agree with Vickie, there's no way Lola would be able to sit in a bumbo at 1 1/2 mo.
She only got one for Christmas at 3+ months and is able to sit on it...

yes i agree 3 months plus she'll get more head control.....

far too young at mo for bumbos so don't worry!

Okay good. I know its wrong to be comparing babies but it was really stressing me out lol

maddi was very slow with head control rae it was untrue! she could do it, but i think she was lazy!! i've got some great pics of her in her bumbo at 4months with her head on her shoulder :dohh: but as everyone else said, about 3months is usually about right x

Try not to worry, all babies are different. Joseph definitely wouldn't have been in a bumbo at that age and i think he was only just holding his head up for short amounts of time. He has a much stronger neck now and sits really well against cushions and in a bumbo but as soon as I put him on his tummy he just lays there and rarely even tries to lift his head at all! I'm sure Renah will start lifting her head as soon as she is ready xx

Dont worry! She will do it soon... Persist with the tummy time and she will pick it up soon enough.

Jasmine has been in her bumbo a few times, I only put her in it for max 5 mins, she can sit pretty good in it with her head up... but isn't really ready to sit in it a whole lot either.

any one that has there child in a bumbo at just over a month is silly jack couldnt sit in his til he was just over 3months it takes time 4 them to be able to hold there head up, dont rush her and dont worry she will do it when she wants to

any one that has there child in a bumbo at just over a month is silly jack couldnt sit in his til he was just over 3months it takes time 4 them to be able to hold there head up, dont rush her and dont worry she will do it when she wants to

your silly for saying that... people can do what they wish and every baby is different and ready at other times.

Dont worry hun , max didnt have any head control or should i say he didnt bother lol at that age ..then once he hit 2 1/2 months he started doing it all on his own !

archie cant fully be in his bumboo at the moment as he cant fully hold his head up but he is really close....he was lifting his head up from day 1 when he layed on my chest...she wil get the nack of it hun u wil prob wake up one day and she wil prob hold it fully lol xxx

As its been said, dont worry about it, she's still only little.

Keep up the tummy time a couple of times a day, for a few minutes, even if she doesn't do anything, she will eventually. I was told to try to do tummy time at least 6 times a day (but who would remember that!) a suggestion I've heard was to do tummy time on the change table after every change, for a few minutes.

Before Jasper was really lifting his head properly I put him on the couch for tummy time and I sat on the floor, so we could look each other in the eye.

Thomas is getting better at holding his own head but he still wobbles a bit and he is not quite ready for a bumbo. I wouldn't worry at this stage, just try and practice!

my daughter started by holding her head up from my shoulder at about 6 weeks old and she gradually started doing it for longer each time. Only just this past week or 2 has she started to support herself with her shoulders aswell now.

seth's quite good with his head, but one of my other sons took till about 4 mths to get good control, and theres nothing wrong with him. he was just lazy. lol

She is still only little but I agree with Ryder, persist with tummy time. Liv has always had a bit of head control and she is now really strong but putting her on her tummy at least once a day really helped x

Thanks girls. I've had her on her tummy a few times yesterday and today, but as soon as I put her there she either screams or falls asleep. She just has no interest in trying to move her head from side to side let alone lift it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->