Head engaged?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
So last week I noticed my baby had dropped and had kept descending quite a bit. I didn't think that her head was engaged because I didn't feel like I had a bowling ball between my legs like I did when my son's head was engaged.
At my appointment on Monday, I found out that her head was at the brim of my pelvis. But since then, she has gone even lower. I don't even see how her head could not be engaged at this point. But, I am still not feeling like there is a bowling ball between my legs. I do feel like there is a ball in my pelvis though, which I didn't start feeling until yesterday.
Can engagement feel different from one pregnancy to the next?

I don't recall ever feeling the bowling ball between my legs thing but my daughter didnt engage till I was in the hospital getting induced with the tablet.

Yesterday I started feeling that there's something putting pressure on my pubic bones, I do wonder if baby is starting to engage. I'm suddenly waddling but it still doesn't feel like a bowling ball.

I'm curious what being engaged feels like. It probably feels awful as I already feel I can't walk anymore!

These past few weeks I've had some times when I get the bowling ball feeling and others when I feel totally fine. The MW who checked me on Friday said the head was not engaged yet then I was checked again the following day and told the head was partly engaged. She said that basically with second or subsequent pregnancies the head will engage and then disengage again on and off until labour starts which explains why I feel different from day to day.

At 28 weeks baby was engaged but he was smaller so the pains weren't as intense. I feel I'm so sure he is at least starting to engage because it feels like there's something putting pressure inside my pelvis.

I feel more pressure down low today. I'm wondering if it is that her head is partially engaged. I definitely feel there is something between my legs. Not as significant as a bowling ball, but enough to make me feel awkward when walking.

I'm definitely having a harder time walking today but I think she's still bouncing in and out of my pelvis. Sometimes it still feels like she's rubbing her head on my hip tho maybe that's a shoulder? I dunno.

Usually engagement is very noticeable in a first time pregnancy, and you can be engaged for some time before labor starts. In subsequent prengnancoea dropping can occur but engagement doesn't usually happen until rght before labor. So what your experiencing is
Probably Just the dropping of the baby. Mine has dilated me but is still floating.

It's almost time!!!

The pressure from dropping is so intense! I don't know if I could cope with 5 more weeks...can barely walk already!

I feel her hands are above her head and reaching way down into my pelvis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->