Headache at 36 weeks...

Babydust2014

Reaction score
On Monday I had some errands to run, it was quite warm and by the time I got home I had a bit of a headache. I thought it may be due to dehydration so drank loads of water.

Its still hanging around though. I'm going to give my community midwife a call in an hour as am of course concerned about pre-eclampsia but given that my BP has been fine through out, as has my urine analysis, thought I'd ask if anyone on here had experienced similar.

Today is my first day of maternity leave and its been a tense couple of days. I've been handing over work and a friend did something really hurtful, so it is possible its a tension headache.

Thoughts ladies? x

I had a headache on and off for 3 or 4 days a week ago but I think it was down to dehydration and tiredness. I would say though that it never hurts to phone and ask a midwife.

I had this on Monday ar 38
Weeks. I never get headaches. Pregnant or when not pregnant and it was horrible. I started to worry. I spoke to my midwife in the morning who advised to drink lots of water but if still bad at lunchtime to go and get my bp checked.
If you have any other symptoms of
PE such as feet and hand or face swelling. Blurred vision etc go get checked asap. If not make sure you drink lots and also eat. Once I'd eaten I felt heaps better and then it went. Haven't had anymore since so was just a once of for me.
It could be due to the stress you've been under. But if you're concerned it never hurts to make a quick call for reassurance and advice

If you're worried then call your GP /mw. It takes 2 minutes for them to check your BP and urine which will give you peace of mind. I'm sure it's just tension but I'd ring to be on the safe side x

I would call just to be on the safe side, it was my first symptom of pre e with dd2 I thought i was being silly but ended up being induced that day, I don't mean to worry you hun xxx

On the advice of the matty I went through to my GP yesterday afternoon. Phoning and being told there was an appointment in 10 minutes resulted in me charging around like a maniac. Needless to say my BP was very high when the GP took it which totally freaked me out!! They admitted me into the matty for monitoring overnight. My bloods came back fine and my BP started to come down as soon as they gave me some stronger pain relief. It's a migraine, which I have had in the past but being pregnant it really worried me. Pretty certain its been brought on by the events of the last week.

It was the wake up call I needed though. The most important thing is me and baby and avoiding stress, even if that means avoiding someone you thought was a good friend because they are acting like a twat!!

Thanks for your replies everyone x

When I was pregnant with my first I had migraines in first trimester and then one in late pregnancy (can't exactly remember the week). My midwife said there is a late surge of hormones which sometimes causes people to have migraine.

I woke with a really horrible headache at 5:30am today. It eased off mid morning, but it's back again this evening. Going to see how it goes this evening & maybe it'll go after a good nights sleep as I'm pretty exhausted atm. PE is worrying!

Just responded to your other thread MummyKP. Hope you wake with no headache in the morning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->