Headaches and flashing lights at 17 weeks?

Fruitmash

Reaction score
What title says really. I've looked it up and all I can find is pre-eclampsia but I'm so early I'm not sold on that being the cause. I am high risk having had it with DD but I've been taking my aspirin so what are the chances really? I can't get to a doctor tomorrow, I have so much on but is it safe to call my GP on Friday? Like I said I doubt it's anything serious but it's a bit of a risk to just ignore it completely. Any advice or experience on the matter?

Headaches and flashing lights often mean high blood pressure. Get to your doctor asap, even if it's not pre-eclampsia it might be hypertension.

I agree, get checked out straight away and keep us updated! Hope all is fine for you xxxxxxx :hugs:

Im a few weeks behind but have been getting awful headaches, and had some in first tri two but they seem to be getting worse and more frequent.

Im going to try and get to my doctor tomorrow, but i am waiting on a call back from the midwife for some advice. Will let you know what she says.

x

spoke to midwife: she said unlikely to be anything to worry about but best to go to doc and get blood pressure etc checked just in case. She also said take it easy and drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol when the pain is too bad

x

I've had this with ds and this time
Get ur blood pressure checked.
But for me was always perfect.
It was a combination of needing glasses and tiredness
Sometimes a diet coke and a rest works ,
A small bit of caffeine can sometimes get rid of my headaches.
But sometimes the only thing is sleep.
Get ur iron checked too, just in case its causing the headaches.
Check urine for uti.
If ur going to Dr, they can do all this easily.
Most likely just preg hormones and or fatigue
But better to rule out the others too xx
Hope u feel better soon .

I went to the doctor and everything's fine, thank God! The headaches I know are usually quite normal but because of the flashing lights I was a bit concerned. Blood pressure is really good, nothing in my urine and my eyes looked okay so she said it's stress. That's not going anywhere soon though lol

Sounds like migraines to me? Look up migraine with aura.

Agree with minties. Sounds like a migraine. Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like a migraine! That's how my migraines are, flashing kaleidoscope type lights then a major headache.

I agree with Minities I get migraines also. I rarely see flashing lights though and I always vomit. My migraine medication isnt safe for pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->