Headaches

Eegee

Reaction score
I just need some reassurance - Googling keeps bringing up brain tumours and I'm hoping it's not one of those! (Seems very unlikely and I'd guess there's a good chance it's just hormonal).

I had migraines with aura (generally without pain) during the first part of both pregnancies, but now they're back (24+3). Bright lights are setting them off this pregnancy - I once looked in the oven to put some food in and the reflection on the tray started it, I had one looking and the whiteboard at uni where the bulb was particularly bright, and watching TV (in front of a window) has started several.

Words are also dancing around the page as I try to read on my phone, although it doesn't seem as bad with non-lit sources like paper.

Three out of the last four nights I've also woken with a headache. Nights one and two I had an ache in the back left side of my head, and today it was more a general ache all over my left side, more towards the middle/front. I've been drinking quite a bit of water hoping it'd get rid of it but it hasn't worked. I feel quite tired today and it may just be that I haven't slept well or that I was lying awkwardly on my pillow.

Are these pains fairly normal?

I had regular headaches from 7 to 17 weeks. They have eased up but are still lingering. I spoke with my doctor last week and she said that it's perfectly normal to have headaches/migraines all throughout and there aren't many things that will help. She suggested making sure you're hydrated and taking Tylenol as necessary.

I've been caffeine free throughout the pregnancy but if you're drinking caffeine - that usually helps. I see you have a little one but here's my recipe for migraines - take some medication and lay down in a dark room with an ice pack. Put some ginger ale and some saltines by the bedside. Try to nap. When you wake up have some saltines and ginger ale and go back to napping.

I've had all the same stuff this pregnancy. I didn't get a single migraine with my other kids! At the end of the second tri I had a migraine daily. Now I get one a week and multiple headaches inbetween. My midwife says lots of her ladies get this and it's hormones and other things setting them off.

Water does nothing at all to help.

same boat over here. with my other 2 pregnancies i never had migraines. this time, OMG, i get at least one a week and a headache every single day.

I am a longtime headache sufferer and I have been getting migraines with aura since I was a teenager. So far this pregnancy, I seem to have a headache pretty much every day and a migraine with aura once a week or so. It sucks.

Girl, step away from Dr. Google! :haha:

Headaches are completely normal during pregnancy. I had headaches throughout the entire first trimester and well into the second. Not just regular tension headaches but full blown migraines. What really sucked is that I couldn't take anything for it. Tylenol did nothing for my strong headaches. Sometimes they'd last 3-5 days in a row. My doctor told me to try eating snacks often to stabilize my blood sugar and drink at least a half cup of water every hour to help with the headaches. She also told me that having a can of pop or a cup of coffee once a day is ok, just don't overdo it. I've been trying to do that and they went away about 2 weeks ago. I still get a tension headache when I don't sleep enough or eat enough, but it is only mild and goes away once my needs are met.

I am in the same boat! These headaches are horrible! I have the aura light too. I average two migraines a week and they last a full blown 24-36 hours each time. I've tried Ice packs, Tylenol, flushing my body with lots of water, wearing sunglasses. Nothing helps. My doctor said to blame it on the pregnancy hormones. Some women get them and others don't. We are just the unlucky ones.

I've been getting headaches daily as well. Since a week. However, I feel mine are more sinus/allergy related. I've been really stuffed up. I am also super prone to sinus infections.

However, getting headaches during pregnancy is common! I would NOT worry about scary possibilities. Stay off Google :)

In order to get relief from headache you need to stay away from all kind of stress. In some cases. it can get vanished in the next trimester because of some hormones get stabilize. Some way to trigger your headaches away are:
Take a shower
Use a compress
Use pregnancy pillow to get comfortable sleep
Take food and water sufficient
Do some exercises

I don't get migraines but I have had a headache almost every day since I was 6 weeks. They're a little better now but seem worse if I'm also feeling nauseous or if I'm particularly tired. I often find eating something helps but once I've got one, the only way to get rid of it is to go to sleep. I am looking forward to getting rid of headaches as its been so long I can't remember what it's like not to have one!!

I get headaches almost daily when I'm pregnant :( I feel your pain xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"