Headlice

xXhayleyXx

Happy mummy of 6 :)
Reaction score
For those with older children at school and been unlucky enough for your kids to have come home with them what have you found the most efficient (sp) way of getting rid and making sure they dont re catch them?

My middle daughter came home with them the other day and although i treated her for them the minute she walked through the door lol i get so fed up of seeing the same children in her class with parents that obviously couldnt give a damn running around scratching their heads nearly every bloody week!!!!!!!

I mean come on FFS if your child has got them then bloody well do something about it instead of not giving a damn that they are spreading them around the school :hissy::hissy::hissy:

Katie is 9 and gets them all the time ive bought somthing called nitty gritty and its a fantastic nit comb with a lifetime garentee https://www.nittygritty.co.uk/site/

I can sooooooooooooooo sympathise with you (she says while scratching her head:rofl:....it always makes me itch when I think about it:dohh:). Lauren had them repetitively last year as the girl she was playing with never seemed to get treated:hissy:. We just had to keep going through Laurens hair with a special nit comb called a nitty gritty comb which is FAB. This clears most of the lice and the eggs too but as Lauren's hair is so long and thick it used to take ages and the poor kid was soooooooooo patient.

We have a special lady in the pharmacy that is attached to the drs and rather than having to pay out for nit lotion or make an appointment to get a prescription you take in one of the headlice you have found in your childs hair (I kid you not) and tape it to a piece of paper as proof that your child has headlice. She takes you in a consulting room and takes down all the details including what methods you've tried before and what they may be resistant to and gives you the appropriate treatment to treat all the family and a nitty gritty comb too:happydance:
(I only found out about this service after spending a fortune of my own money on all different treatments:hissy:)

Try speaking to your Health Visitor as that was who gave me the information about the pharmacy.

(aaaaaaaaaaargh....I can't stop itching now:dohh:)

Thanks ladies,
I hate the bloody things makes me itch too just thinking about the pesky things! My mum bought me one of those combs ages ago but im damned if i can find it. We've not long moved house so could be bloody any where now lol. My daughter is always playing with the same girl at school and it drives me mad because she constantly scratches her head in front of everyone including teachers and they dont seem to give a damn! Just drives me mad as sometimes i end up buying lotion every week and as im sure u all know how expensive it is! :hissy:
Will def have a chat with my HV and doctors and see what they say...

I reckon kids should be forced to shave their hair off on a certain day world wide to rid nits once and for all lol :rofl:

Mean little buggers aren't they? I used full marks solution and it worked, used it a week apart and never saw them again :happydance:

Inform the school if you haven't already and make them send a note home to all parents, its so annoying when you get persistant offenders who don't treat them though :hissy:

Oh and wear your little ladys' hair up and if you were like me tell her not to be sitting with her head right next to everyone elses head :dohh:

Mean little buggers aren't they? I used full marks solution and it worked, used it a week apart and never saw them again :happydance:

Inform the school if you haven't already and make them send a note home to all parents, its so annoying when you get persistant offenders who don't treat them though :hissy:

Oh and wear your little ladys' hair up and if you were like me tell her not to be sitting with her head right next to everyone elses head :dohh:

I use Headrin and always works right up until she goes near the same girl at school :hissy:
The school are always sending letters home but the same parents still do sod all, feel like treating this girl for them my bloody self lol

Always tie her hair back and always tell her not to go near her but does she listen no of course not. She always comes out of school chasing her friend and with her bloody hair band round her wrist and then has the cheek to tell me that it isnt her fault she has been catching headlice.Say what? :hissy:

Any more and im gonna shave the whole lot off myself! :dohh:

I know what you are goin thru!there is always some that don't bother doin naff all and it goes round and round,but i would also recommend the nitty gritty comb,its brill for gettin the eggs out too!i use it every week,until clear,with conditioner on damp hair x

My stepdaughter brought them over. So, Amanda got it about 3 summers ago and she had hair down to her waist then. What a pain in the ass. 2 hours every night combing, etc. I used the stuff from the pharmacy, tea tree oil, etc.

Took me 3 weeks and then...

Wanna know something? I got this idea and I think I finally got rid of them by hot ironing her hair.

Try it. If you have a hot hair straightener, you may be able to burn those buggers off.

My stepdaughter brought them over. So, Amanda got it about 3 summers ago and she had hair down to her waist then. What a pain in the ass. 2 hours every night combing, etc. I used the stuff from the pharmacy, tea tree oil, etc.

Took me 3 weeks and then...

Wanna know something? I got this idea and I think I finally got rid of them by hot ironing her hair.

Try it. If you have a hot hair straightener, you may be able to burn those buggers off.

Funny you should say that when i washed her hair the other night i used my GHD hair straighteners to iron her hair dry :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its half term here at the moment so the kids are off school, god help her if she goes back to school neck week and gets them again! lol

They are nasty creatures. My daughter only had them the one time, thank goodness. Makes me itchy too. :rofl:

Isn't pure tea tree oil suppose to help and tea tree hair products after?

*Now itching* I dread this part with my girls,

It didn't help during the infestation with Amanda. However, whether it prevents them is a different story. :) I meant to continue to use it as preventative measures after but it just smells yucky.

I swear by NittyGritty all the way
In fact i had to buy anoth er comb as i can't find ours anywhere, between you and me I think Emily has hidden it :rofl:
This time I bought the products to go with it ( lotion and repellent)
Touch wood since she started middle school she hasn't had them, but Jack came home from nursery with a live one.
Luckily his hair is short and spiky so i spotted it straight away

I seem to have spent years of my life getting rid of the little buggers all because some parents can't be arsed checking :hissy:

Yes, very digusting. Thanks for the tips! I hope I do not need them again. My Daughter brought guests home her first year in school. Matter fact spent the first day of the year 2007 coming dead nits for hours on end!

My Sister who works in a school says the teachers swear by wearing a thick coating of hairspray and keeping their hair up or short. I just put my daughter's hair back in a ponytail for school... it is very long now and she likes it that way anyhow.

Cracking the little buggers open becomes quite addictive though :rofl: or was that just me? :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->