Health visitor visits

chelle7

Mum to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
Since my lo was born we saw the health visitor once- the day after we came home after spending 8 days in NICU. We were signed off from the midwife at our second visit- a week after we came home. I saw my GP for our 6 week check but have not seen or heard from my hv since the day after we came home. Is this usual? Do they check babies more often - especially preemies?

I go to the clinic to get her weighed once a week at the mo and ask the staff there any questions I have but wonder if my hv should be seeing us a bit more? I only saw her once before the birth too so have seen her twice in total.

I only saw my HV once a week, just recently managed to cut it down to once a fortnight.
If you dont have any problems then I dont see any reason to see the HV more.

I saw my HV for the first 5 weeks and didn't see her again until her 6 month corrected review. The only reason she came out the first 5 weeks was because I wasn't comfortable going to the clinic. After her 6 week check I took her to the clinic every fortnight. I took not seeing her as a good thing :rofl:

For the first six weeks after Andrew was discharged, we were having regular visits from the Neonatal Outreach midwives.

Once that stopped, the HV started coming round. Then she realised just how often Andrew was having other checkups - paediatrician monthly, physio monthly (back then), etc etc. I was also taking Andrew for fortnightly weigh-ins at the local HV clinic, to check on his growth. So we reached an agreement that she wouldn't come around unless we specifically asked :D

She came round once more after his hospital stay (epilepsy) but, again, he was being seen by so many others (epilepsy nurses etc) that we agreed she wasn't really needed ...

We had the neonatal nurses visit until he reached 5lb, and then the hv came to the house every week for weigh ins. He was 14 weeks old and 7lb 2oz when we first went to the baby clinic for weigh ins. My HV is usually there at the clinic anyway and I have a good relationship with her, she was also my hv with my eldest daughter.

I feel slightly abandoned by my one now! I have only seen her once since the birth so might not even recognise her!

We've seen the HV 3 times at home, neonatal outreach once and hosp appointments for diff things roughly monthly.. but after seeing HV today we're going in alone for now.. lol. I felt abandoned initially, but now I take it as a good thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->