Health visitors

K

kandyfloss

Wow 2 posts in 5 mins haha (just remembered something)

Do you still see your HV, If not when did you stop ? We only seen ours twice ! seems a bit silly to me, we were told we could take him to be weighed if we wanted, but that was it. Is that normal, I was under the impression you stayed with them for a while x

You have access to them untill they are 5 but its normal to only have an newborn visit, an 8 week and a 1 year development check but you can ask them to come out if you have any problems or concerns.

they are "available" to you until you son/daughter is 5, then their care goes onto the school nurse.

i seen my health visitor when he was 10 days old, between 6 - 8 weeks when she did a sort of quiz about depression to see how i was and seen her a few days old, when he was 16 weeks old. we spoke about weaning. :)

might be a bit different for me because i can't take him to get weighed. she has to come here? :shrug:

they are "available" to you until you son/daughter is 5, then their care goes onto the school nurse.

i seen my health visitor when he was 10 days old, between 6 - 8 weeks when she did a sort of quiz about depression to see how i was and seen her a few days old, when he was 16 weeks old. we spoke about weaning. :)

might be a bit different for me because i can't take him to get weighed. she has to come here? :shrug:

Same here shes due to come to me soon for weaning think thats normal x

Yeah - I only saw my HV 2/3 times and she said that if I needed her I could ring or visit the baby clinic/clubs. I guess they think if you need them, you will contact them yourself?

I last saw a HV when my daughter was 16 weeks, no one has been near me since. I've taken her to get weighed a few times but it's just a case of putting her on the scales and then getting practically threw out the door. I was just saying recently about how I've had to do everything myself, no one came to talk to me about weaning, I was left to figure it out myself. For all my HV knows I'm feeding my baby fish and chips every night and they don't seem to care.

The HV came to the house to see LO (about a week after we were home. maybe?) She brought the weight scale with her, answered a lot of questions for us. And provided us with lots of extra info on breastfeeding, introducing solids, immunizations, safe sleep etc.....

Now I take LO to the HV to get him weighed weekly, and to meet with other baby mommies. They even have a program with singing beforehand that we have gone to.

Here we have:

6 weeks
8-10 weeks
3 months
5 months
9 months
15 months
2-3 years
B4 school check (so about 4-5 years)

10 days then 14 weeks for weaning, but had a 6 week post natal group run by the HV and go once a month to baby clinic for weigh in and have a 1 year check. Dunno after that too far for me to think about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->