Healthcare Workers Unite - All nurses, HCA's, Students, Midwifes etc WELCOME

im a care assistant in a nursing home. does that count???

I am a student Nurse :hi: was initially Mental Health Branch, but took a change to Adult, as there are no jobs here...
I loved Mental Health, but have a family to think of now!!

I am finished first year, and start branch programme in September, go on mat leave @ hallween, for a year... and then return oct 2011... to go back on placement in Jan 2012...

Just finished 6 week MH placement, and LOVED IT!! made me regret my decision, but I know I need to give myself as many options as possible!! Even the 90min drive each way didn't take anything away from it!!
x

I'm taking mat leave and going back in January. Something had to give :( I'll still be registering when i planned and working when I planned but will graduate officially a year later than I had planned. I am just too tired and have too much going on to take the lead in my patients care and demonstrate that I'm ready to go on the register :(

Good afternoon ladies, and welcome to our new members :)

What are we all doing this fine weekend? I've wasted some of it already, I crashed at about 9 when I came in from my night shift for what was supposed to be a powernap, only just woke up whoops!

I'm also nursing some particularly sore and bruised ribs from a 6 hour restraint last night, oh how my lovely diclofenic is helping!

Already working myself up about my ucas application in September for nursing (mental health) - I'm convinced no uni will want me!

Good luck with uni and the endless essays it brings.

I'm off to visit family in the US in a few weeks with the baby. Fun! But my CRB finally came through, so I now have a start date for mid-September (starting a new job at a new hospital when returning from maternity leave, still neonates though). I am also trying to build an EBM stash. I just want to stay home with my baby though!

Hi all, haven't been around in a while. Mainly because I've just finished a very tiring, but very rewarding placement :) I was in an Acute Stroke Unit, can't believe how much I've learned! I was bricking it before I started, as I've been on Mat leave since this time last year. Everyone was lovely though, I was *very* lucky to get such a supportive ward. It's made me really remember why I want to do nursing, and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into 2nd year in a few week's time! :D

Hope everyone is doing ok :thumbup:

Hey all, welcome orange sox, I'm sure your application is fine, good luck. Lil woowoo, I should be too..still a bit gutted that I now have to wait until april but am enjoying mat leave.
Good luck with the new job Manda, and glad you had a good placement Eala :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->