Healthy Family Meals/Snacks?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some ideas please?

I have very fussy children so looking for Plainish things but that can also be jazzed up a bit for me and OH. We often eat separate meals as OH works shifts so don't want overly fussy dishes either.

What about things like a chilli. You can do it really mild for the kids and then add a little extra for yourslef. Same with curries. Burritos or tacos. burger and chips, add salsa and coleslaw for you and OH.

Have you looked in any cookery books? There are ones that are aimed at cooking for children which are good. I make a big shepherd's/cottage pie every week which is a winner and there are always leftovers to microwave for lunch next day. Lasagne, spag bol, carbonara, jacket potatoes with a choice of fillings out, home-made soups with nice bread/rolls, chicken casseroles, bangers mash and peas, salmon and rice are some more I do.

Also agree that you can make really mild curries or chilli for the kids then add spices etc. for you and OH.

Hidden veg sauce - roast or saute whatever veg you fancy and blend with a can of tomatoes. Makes a smooth tomatoey sauce for pasta, you can have it with meatballs (my dd loves this) or add olives or other veg for grownups. You can also spread on a pizza base then add different toppings for different people :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->