Healthy Juicing and BF??

tattlebaby

Reaction score
So I'm a pretty picky eater..i confess. But since EBF my LO, I've been really loving the idea of getting healthy nutrients to her through my breast milk, yet I'm not eating too great myself right now. Not to say I'm eating Junk Food, just that I'm on very quick & healthy, but basic meals. Especially because of the baby, cooking is just not possible for me right now. Luckily I have my MIL who cooks for us, but I still want to increase my intake for healthy fruits and veggies. And also because I read somewhere that 'babies who are breastfed exclusively for at least their first six months of life may be less likely to become picky eaters as they grow.' I don't know if this is true, correct me if I'm wrong, but if it is..I'm more then willing to eat healthier just for this reason alone :thumbup:. Yet I'm also concerned because I also read that breast milk gives infants opportunities to sample the flavors of all the foods consumed by their mothers, broadening children’s palates so they appreciate a wider variety of flavors when they’re weaned and eating on their own. Since I'm not eating much fruits and vegetables, Juicing is something that I CAN do and that I'll like. So I wouldn't be juicing for detoxing or anything like that, but again, just to increase my consumption of fruits and veggies..veggies especially. Of course I would be using only Organic Produce too. What do you guys think?? Any one have any suggestions for healthy juice recipes to try??..Wondering if it'll have any affect on my Breast milk.

My fave juice is either the traditional apple, carrot and ginger combo or if you want something a bit different try apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger - sooo refreshing when it's hot!

Have no idea if it will affect the taste of your milk but it certainly won't do any harm!
Happy juicing !

If it makes you feel any better, I've never had breast milk in my life and am not picky in the slightest. I think it's more about the diet children eat throughout their childhood to be honest. I'm sure I read an article once about their not being much nutritional difference in human milk according to different diets!

I have a juicer and make juices quite frequently... I don't really have any recipes per se but I'll buy what looks good (we have lots of watermelons right now so I have some watermelon and mint and cucumber that I want to try) and then have a few staples (lemons, apples, oranges, and kale, sometimes celery). As long as you have a good mixture of fruits and veggies (not just all fruit or all veggie) and kind of know what goes together, I've found the juice turns out great! The only time I had some that was a little weird was when I added too much celery (I think I had strawberries, blueberries, celery, and watermelon maybe) so the juice was a tad bit salty... But otherwise good!

We make green smoothies for ourselves and little man. Just put two handfuls of baby spinach, handful of kale, chunk of cucumber, quarter of a ripe pear, few mint leaves and a squeeze of lime if you have it and blend. Delish and so good for you

We make green smoothies for ourselves and little man. Just put two handfuls of baby spinach, handful of kale, chunk of cucumber, quarter of a ripe pear, few mint leaves and a squeeze of lime if you have it and blend. Delish and so good for you

Neat..you give your LO the Green Smoothie too?!, how old is he and how is that going??

Neat..you give your LO the Green Smoothie too?!, how old is he and how is that going??

He loves it. He has just turned 18 months and has been drinking them with his breakfast since he was probably 10 months. Such an easy way to get veggies in and he gets T9 drink from a cup with a straw, which he loves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->